TiVo Community Forum banner
321 - 340 of 753 Posts

· Registered
2,498 Posts
I have been thinking about subscribing to Hallmark via Philo or the app. I have the impression that the app does not initially have all of this years Christmas movies but I am not sure on that. I would rather pay $6 for a few months vs $20. Any suggestions?

· Premium Member
19,627 Posts
I have the impression that the app does not initially have all of this years Christmas movies but I am not sure on that.
The app is kind of lame. It only has movies from years past, not any recent stuff. It does have some series that are current an app-only. But subscribing to it for Christmas movies would be a waste, IMO.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I have been thinking about subscribing to Hallmark via Philo or the app. I have the impression that the app does not initially have all of this years Christmas movies but I am not sure on that. I would rather pay $6 for a few months vs $20. Any suggestions?
Watch Family-Friendly TV Live and On Demand | FRNDLY TV

Friendly TV is an option if all you really want are the hallmark channels. It has a few others but it's draw is the 3 Hallmark channels. It starts at $5.99 for live tv and 1 stream, $7.99 and $9.9 for additional streams and dvr capability.

· No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place
2,589 Posts

Friendly TV is an option if all you really want are the hallmark channels. It has a few others but it's draw is the 3 Hallmark channels. It starts at $5.99 for live tv and 1 stream, $7.99 and $9.9 for additional streams and dvr capability.
The only thing about FRNDLY that I will mention is that reviews and experiences with the services have been uneven. Some users report no problems with the service, others report poor streaming quality, constant buffering, etc.

See:

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubetv/comments/dmgj3l
https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/ctgyvt
Make sure to read the comments too.

I know I have read other comments/reviews that have mentioned poor picture quality on FRNDLY, but I cannot seem to find them now.

They have a 7 day trial...you should give it a shot.

· Registered
2,498 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't heard of this service so I did a quick search. After reading reviews of the service, I just decided to go with Philo. I just didn't feel like dealing with the potential problems stated by 7thton. I was surprised by the awesome picture quality but that is for another thread.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,417 Posts
Tonight's premiere: "Merry & Bright," on Hallmark Channel.

Starring Jodie ("Fuller House") Sweetin (as Cate), the ubiquitous Andrew Walker (as Gabe), and Sharon Lawrence (as Joy, Cate's meddling mama).
Halfway through and I am enjoying this one although I am just not an Andrew Walker fan. I have seen many of his movies and they just don't do it for me

· TiVotee
1,055 Posts
Tonight's premiere: "Two Turtle Doves," on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Starring Nikki DeLoach and Michael Rady, who were previously partnered earlier this year in "Love to the Rescue."
It was a reunion of sorts from Love to the Rescue, because the actress Michaela Russell - IMDb who played Mikayla in Two Turtle Doves, also played Sophie, in Love to the Rescue.

· Grumpy Poster
42,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Tonight's premiere: "Christmas Scavenger Hunt," on Hallmark Channel.

Synopsis: When Belinda heads back to her hometown for the holidays, things get complicated when she is forced to team up with her ex, Dustin, at the town's annual Christmas scavenger hunt.

Starring Kevin McGarry as Dustin. (One of those rare movies where the actress in the lead role isn't advertised.)

321 - 340 of 753 Posts