TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
OK, I may be losing my mind here. There is a commercial that plays on Hallmark during these movies that is driving me insane. I think I'm hearing something that isn't there and can't possibly be there. It's a commercial for Consumer Cellular that starts with a gray-haired man wearing a baseball cap pretty unsuccessfully backing a camper into a driveway. The first sentence from the narrator says, "Enter the age of _______. Life has taught you well and now nothing surprises you but Consumer Cellular just might." I'm pretty sure the missing word must be mastery but it really, really, really sounds like something else. I've replayed it many times and even tried closed-captioning but it's not captioned. Is anyone else hearing this???

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
I'm embarrassed to admit my favorite new Hallmark Christmas movie is A Veteran's Christmas. Not sure why. I didn't think the acting was all that good, I'm not a fan of Eloise Mumford, and the dialog is extremely cheesy. And, like most Hallmark Christmas movies, very predictable.
Eloise Mumford and Sean Faris were together in another Christmas movie a few years ago called Christmas with Holly. It's one of my favorites.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
Eloise Mumford is now guest-starring on Chicago Fire as Brett's high school BFF who did bad things when she visited Chicago last year. I'm sitting here and muttering, "No, no, no, Eloise cannot be a bad girl, she's a Hallmark Channel lead!"
She also plays one of the most important characters in the 50 Shades of Grey movies in my mind. Without her character, there would be no movies.

Don't know if I need to do this but....

Eloise Mumford's character was sick so her roommate Anastasia took her place interviewing Christian Grey. They may never have met otherwise.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
The first new Christmas movie airs tonight (10/25): "A Merry Christmas Match" on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Tomorrow night (10/26) is the first new Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel: "Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses."
I tried to watch tonight's movie but I just couldn't get into it. I'll give it one more shot before I delete it.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
Tonight's premiere: "Merry & Bright," on Hallmark Channel.

Starring Jodie ("Fuller House") Sweetin (as Cate), the ubiquitous Andrew Walker (as Gabe), and Sharon Lawrence (as Joy, Cate's meddling mama).
Halfway through and I am enjoying this one although I am just not an Andrew Walker fan. I have seen many of his movies and they just don't do it for me

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
Trying to get through A Merry Christmas Match again. I’m halfway through but I’m still not loving this movie. I really don’t like the actors and I don’t see any chemistry between them at all.

it’s been a while since I have disliked Hallmark Christmas movies. I think it was 2014 where I just didn’t like any of them.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
So I’m watching tonight‘s movie, which I’m enjoying, and I keep seeing the commercial for A Godwink Christmas: Meant for Love and it shows Benjamin Hollingsworth. I’m thinking that it’s the guy from Manifest but as it turns out, his name is Josh Dallas. Am I the only one who thinks these two guys could pass as twins?

· Finally an Avatar!
5,407 Posts
I think you missed some.

Okay, for those who may be confused or miss some of the error/grammar errors:
pg 1: prder ==> order
Matrimonal ==> Matrimonial
certifty ==> certify
i am satisified ==> I am satisfied

pg 2: marraige certificate ==> marriage certificate
Has your spoused ==> has your spouse
seeked counsel ==> sought counsel
I missed certified. Thanks.