TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 21 Posts

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
Re-upped my SlingTV sub so that I could watch some football on ESPN and decided to add the package that includes Hallmark so I could watch some Xmas movies.

First movie I watched last night was A Godwink Christmas: Meant for Love. Holy crap!
Don't want to ruin anyone else's enjoyment of the movie and the season, so spoilerizing this (I just have to get it out)
I did not need to start off my binge of sappy Xmas movies with a heartbreaking medical diagnosis. I had 2 cousins with MS and both died too young after suffering through loss of control of their bodies. Wow, did that movie ever depress me.

Tried to rebound with Christmas at the Plaza. Makeup issues aside, I enjoyed that movie a lot.
Ryan Paevey is really gorgeous!!! I can watch him all day!
QFT!

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
I'm halfway through one of tonight's movies, "Double Holiday." I'm really enjoying this one and the more I see of Kristoffer Polaha, the more I like him.

I may be in the minority (as usual) but I think that this movie and the other movie were very respectful about Judaism.
I agree on all counts.

I loved both Holiday Date and Double Holiday. I am not Jewish, but both movies did seem very respectful. I think that the goal of Hallmark was probably twofold, to be inclusive and to educate the ignorant (like me) who know nothing about Hanukkah. I didn't feel like the Jewish characters were 'tokens'. They were main characters in both movies and I thought that Hanukkah was just as important as Christmas.

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
At the end of Christmas on my Mind, at the reconciliation scene, the two stars are standing on the shore with a pier extending out over the water. About 10 to 20 feet behind them, on the pier, is a puddle. It's obvious based on the ripples appearing in the puddle that it's raining out.

But our two stars aren't getting wet at all. So, the background must be a green screen?

Now, as I'm watching other Hallmark movies, I'm wondering which backgrounds are green screens. :)
I noticed that too, and meant to mention it here. But then saw a squirrel.:D And I would say that your post is a spoiler and the polite thing to do would be to use spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it yet, except we all know how these movies end.:p

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
Philo has them too.
Thanks for mentioning Philo. Looks like their cost is $20/mo and you can save shows for 30 days on their dvr. I'll give the 7 day free trial a try.

The cheapest "add on" to get the channels I think is Watch Family-Friendly TV Live and On Demand | FRNDLY TV
Check out Frndly.com. I use it and it is great.
Thanks for mentioning Frndly. I see that they have 3 price levels, but can't see anywhere that they define what's in each of those. I'll give their 7 day free trial a go, too.

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
Started the free trial with frndly yesterday. Pretty happy with the dvr service, but really hate the guide interface...though it's not any better or worse than most streaming services. TiVo interface has spoiled me.

Watched and enjoyed Christmas with the Darlings. The kids were cute and not annoying! Don't remember the leads from any other movies and I liked them, too.

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
Started the free trial with frndly yesterday. Pretty happy with the dvr service, but really hate the guide interface...though it's not any better or worse than most streaming services. TiVo interface has spoiled me.

Watched and enjoyed Christmas with the Darlings. The kids were cute and not annoying! Don't remember the leads from any other movies and I liked them, too.
I had cancelled frndly after Xmas last year. Just got a reminder from them that the Hallmark Holiday movies start Oct 22. I expect I'll re-up with frndly again this year unless someone has a better suggestion?

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
I just spent alot of time with Xfinity support. They claim that channel 1620 is an IP channel and TiVo doesn't get IP channels, which is why I get the SD version and not the HD version. He showed me other channels that are IP and my TiVo doesn't get those either. He claims it is totally on TiVo's side. :(
I have no idea if it would work, but I'd try rerunning the guided setup on the TiVo. Make sure you enter the correct Xfinity. My old home had multiple options for my zip code and there were different channels associated with each (digital rebuild, etc.)

·
Retired
15,611 Posts
Frndly also has the wrong data on GAC for Sat Nov 6 (I think). The Great Christmas Switch is supposed to be on, but the Frndly guide shows Going RV I didn't think much about it since I'm used to TiVo having the wrong data a few days out and it gets updated.

1 - 19 of 21 Posts