TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Tonight featured Meadow Soprano herself (in a repeat from prior years). That was in the "repeat" slot, not the original/premiere slot.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Verizon FiOS doesn't seem to currently have the second of the two GAC channels. Hell, I am surprised they have any at this point. They had the older GAC channel, but dropped it in a carriage fight about 2 months ago now. In the last few weeks it seems they brought in GAC Living on ch. 635 (HD, 135 SD)

The older channel for GAC was 660 and that seems to want to be GAC Family, but, well, it isn't currently. Instead it turns up the "Unauthorized channel" message or similar. Actually currently it is not giving any error message, but also isn't giving any programming. Guide data is there for it, but that is all I currently have.

I'd love to see that channel carried too, and hopefully it will be soon. It seems that Verizon is just dragging on getting it done.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
I just read that Danica McKellar has officially jumped ship to GAC Family. She signed an exclusive multi-year deal to only do romcoms and Christmas movies on the new network.
Interesting. Thanks for passing that along.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Verizon FiOS doesn't carry GAC Family. :(
That continues to irritate me, though at least for now I can use Frndly to get around that issue.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Overlapping the info for anyone that might be trying to catch the right thing on GAC Family tonight:

Frndly TV is showing the wrong guide data / movie name for the movie that would be airing on GAC Family for the evening of 10/28/2021.

GAC Family shows their schedule here:
Schedule - GAC Family
In the prime time slot:
Love on the Rise

Frndly TV was showing the following movie:
Autumn Stables
From 2018 in their guide data for the prime time slot.

I reported it to them (Frndly TV) so they can get it fixed.

Reactions: hummingbird_206

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Frndly also has the wrong data on GAC for Sat Nov 6 (I think). The Great Christmas Switch is supposed to be on, but the Frndly guide shows Going RV I didn't think much about it since I'm used to TiVo having the wrong data a few days out and it gets updated.
If you go through their troubleshooting links, you can report the issue. Hopefully resolved soon.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Should be 3 new Christmas premieres in July too. First one on July 9th.

Hopefully they're better than most of the movies they've put out the last few months. IMO there have only been a couple of good ones the last few months during the 2nd quarter.
I wonder if part of the reasoning for that was the flight of so many of their former stars over to their competition at GAC ?

Reactions: osu1991

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
Could be. I wish GAC worked a deal with YouTube tv
You could potentially add Frndly TV in the interim. (That's what I've had to do since Verizon FiOS isn't currently carrying GAC Family and also doesn't have Decades in my area.)

It's not terribly spendy and gets you a fair amount of content access for the cost.

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about GAC until October. They haven’t had any new movies since the 2 early in the year. Just reruns of classic tv and the occasional movie rerun. I assume they’re building up some inventory for the holidays and next year as it looked like most of the exclusive actors signed 2 movies a year deals.
GAC Family has a couple of Christmas in July films upcoming from what I could find when looking earlier. Though I suppose they may be repeats from this past Christmas (but then again they were shown as 2022, not 2021 films)

· It's Just TV
27,235 Posts
If I kiss one or two Xmas in July on GAC that’s fine as I care most about the total schedule come the holidays.
I did the pre-pay for a year as well. It wasn't that bad (total cost) and included the DVR service and all that. Per month pricing wasn't bad enough to irritate, let's put it that way.

On the other hand, I will say that Verizon FiOS continues to irritate at not having GAC Family available. The guide data still lists for it, but the channel is not there and hasn't been re-added. I know why they got rid of it originally, but the situation has definitely changed and it really would be nice to have the channel there now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts