TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Hallmark is the TV equivalent of cotton candy - it's just fluff. Nice, comfortable, mindless fluff. And sometimes that's exactly what you want and need. That and Hallmark Murder and Mysteries are two of my favorite channels. If I want something intellectually stimulating, there are lots of places to find it. But at the end of a long week, I want my fluff.
Totally and completely second this!!!

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Christmas Camp was definitely not aired last year.

I'd suggest the Hallmark app but with the caveat that it's unwieldy to use.
I get the unwieldy nature of it but I think I am effectively getting notifications from the app when new movies are on....

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
You don't need to have watched When Calls the Heart, although two stars from that show will guest-star in the second episode of this one.

If you liked Little House on the Prairie, you'll like When Hope Calls.
Technically, it's sort of an "incestuous" thing....you will have some of the same people all over content from Hallmark on the different channels/movies/etc. :)

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Just a reminder.....

The 24x7 holiday movies on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel starts today and on the main Hallmark Channel on the 25th.

Here are the schedules for the new movies. Both of these were taken from the website and are easily printable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Updated the lineup in the Hallmark Movies app and added reminders in my calendar app.
That's been my plan but I'm finding it easier to leave the premiere lists on my side table and I just check them off when I've got them set to record.

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Add the premieres on Lifetime and it's a bleep ton of movies.

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Tonight's movie was strictly by the numbers. Generic as it gets.
Almost all of them are the same....

- relationship builds through movie
- something happens at the 1:35 mark
- relationship fixed at 1:52 mark
- kiss and a abrupt ending at 1:59 mark

And I am totally ok with that!

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I am getting tired of the giant countdown timers being left on screen for entire segments of the movies. That ruins the movies for me.
Ditto.

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
One of Hallmark's favorite lead actresses has started showing up my dreams. I'm a little too old for that nonsense. OTOH they're dreams rather than nightmares, so I have to thank Hallmark for that much, at least.

(No, it's not Lacey Chabert or Candace Cameron Bure or Taylor Cole.)
Inquiring minds want to know!

For me, it's not so much the movie "Franchise" but rather TV show actress Catherine Bell. :)

Side note, a good chunk of the holiday music channels have started on XM.

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Pretty good cast for the movie filmed in my old hometown of Newburyport, MA last winter. Still not sure if it is going to be a Hallmark or Lifetime pickup or something else. Based on title I am leaning towards Hallmark.

A Ring for Christmas (2019) - IMDb

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Did anyone know that this pay weekend was the first annual #ChristmasCon in NJ at the expo center? Dang, and Erin Krakow was there!

Reactions: 7thton

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Watching "The Mistletoe Secret" now...

What happened to Patrick Duffy? He's 70 but he looks 80.
I was wondering the same thing. It almost looked like they purposefully aged him. The only other thing I Was thinking was maybe they wanted his makeup to make him look more Santa-like?

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I've also been watching the new Christmas movies on Lifetime. They all include the same storm -- "Winter Storm Meghan" -- as a plot device.
My wife caught that very early on too!

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I’m also noticing right now that either Hallmark is moving some premieres around or the guide data is really messed up. When I finish dinner I can try and give you an example

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I'm also noticing right now that either Hallmark is moving some premieres around or the guide data is really messed up. When I finish dinner I can try and give you an example

Ok so here's some of what I am seeing:

According to the schedule for the main hallmark channel that I had grabbed from the website the following were supposed to air:

11/26 8pm - double holiday
11/28 8pm - check inn to Christmas

What is showing in guide data:

11/26 8pm - check inn to Christmas
Double holiday - no longer anywhere in guide

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Patrick Duffy also appears in Lifetime's "Random Acts of Christmas" - and he looks in much better shape than in Hallmark's "The Mistletoe Secret." (Lifetime also lets him hook up with Jaclyn Smith.)
We just started that one right now!

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
?
Oh. Wife and family.

It's not like these movies aren't repeated 10 times a season.
Wife acceptance factor

Reactions: Peter000

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Also, queuing a few up for her to watch while I’m on an upcoming biz trip

1 - 20 of 55 Posts