TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place
2,601 Posts
I like the Hallmarkies podcast. They acknowledge all the tropes, and sometimes even discuss them with the stars and writers.
They put together bingo cards for the Christmas movies:
BINGO

I kept meaning to do something like that, but they actually had the follow-through to do it!
I wasn't aware of this podcast...thanks!

·
2,601 Posts
The first new Christmas movie airs tonight (10/25): "A Merry Christmas Match" on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
I could only watch 5 minutes of this one. The acting was very bad, especially (what I suppose was) the male lead (sitting at the desk in the office).

Tomorrow night (10/26) is the first new Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel: "Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses."
This one was pretty decent. I think they could have given it a better title though..."Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses" doesn't really describe the plot of the film very well.

·
2,601 Posts
Watch Family-Friendly TV Live and On Demand | FRNDLY TV

Friendly TV is an option if all you really want are the hallmark channels. It has a few others but it's draw is the 3 Hallmark channels. It starts at $5.99 for live tv and 1 stream, $7.99 and $9.9 for additional streams and dvr capability.
The only thing about FRNDLY that I will mention is that reviews and experiences with the services have been uneven. Some users report no problems with the service, others report poor streaming quality, constant buffering, etc.

See:

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubetv/comments/dmgj3l
https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/ctgyvt
Make sure to read the comments too.

I know I have read other comments/reviews that have mentioned poor picture quality on FRNDLY, but I cannot seem to find them now.

They have a 7 day trial...you should give it a shot.

·
2,601 Posts
Tonight (Friday, Nov. 8): "Holiday for Heroes," starring Melissa Claire Egan and Marc Blucas, on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 9 p.m. EST.
Tomorrow (Saturday, Nov. 9): "Picture a Perfect Christmas," starring Merritt Patterson and Jon Cor, on Hallmark Channel at 8 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 10: "The Mistletoe Secret," starring Kellie Pickler, Tyler Hynes, and Patrick Duffy, on Hallmark Channel at 8 p.m.

And if you missed these premieres last week, they're being rebroadcast:

Nostalgic Christmas, 3 p.m. today, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
Merry & Bright, 6 p.m. tomorrow, Hallmark Channel
Two Turtle Doves, 11 p.m. tomorrow, Hallmark Channel
Thank you!

·
2,601 Posts
OK, the Hallmark Channel is now officially driving me insane. I am used to the ads that pop up in the bottom right of the screen. I am even used to ones that go across the entire bottom of the screen. What is getting to me this year is that they have audio!!!! Sounds like tinkles and it is making me crazy!!!

The Disney Channel has done this before. It is very distracting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts