TiVo Community Forum banner
1641 - 1645 of 1645 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK I finally got the link but I need UID and Password for your Site PortlandPaw. I think I remember that you had a simular security hidden in your readme files but I cannot find it. Can you help rebuilding DVR40 since Directv corrected the local channels after almost 2 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings,

I am unable to download the latest hackman from the tivohackman.com website. The program files link appears to be broken. I get a directory listing denied error using Firefox 15 and IE9 just times out.

I have a copy that I downloaded a while back, version 4.2, which I have tried installing. When I follow the instructions for installation and restart TivoWeb Plus, 2.1.3b, nothing appears to happen and no new links appear in the browser. The browsers are the same as listed above. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. My Tivo is an upgraded Series 1 with the 3.0-01-1-000 operating system.

When I try to execute the hackman.tcl from a shell prompt, it errors out on line 34 with a message about an unknown back door program. I have checked the path variable and added every sub folder of tivoweb-tcl and have given execution rights to .tcl and .itcl files.

Regards,
Dale

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,643 ·
I rebuilt our server a month ago and neglected to enable directory browsing for the hackman website. I've fixed it, but I guess there isn't much demand for hackman anymore.

The DirecTV/TiVo revision of the channel programming which made the old 6.2a hackable MRV features (among others) obsolete forced me to mothball my seven DirecTiVos and move to DirecTV's Whole House. Pluses and minuses for sure, but I miss the old TiVos. I did set up two of them to act as program servers as they're loaded with movies and such.

So hackman, and all TiVo development is dead. As for the install problems, please read the readme on the website. hackman.tcl doesn't run from the prompt -- it has to be installed correctly and loaded by TWP.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,645 ·
Thanks. I really miss TiVo and it pains me to have a pleasurable hobby yanked out from under me. But, you're right, it was a great ten-year ride.

1641 - 1645 of 1645 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.