Code:
cd /
tar xvzf hackman-V7.1.0.tgz
That should do it! Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOOOHOO!! That did it!!! *happy dance*

Thank you so much PortlandPaw!!! This has been 2 years of trying to be able to do this :) And now, I've been able to start from buying a used tivo and get to this point! I'm so happy!!! *hugs*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to take you back in time to when 4.2.8 was an ongoing concern...

I had a disk go out and have rebuilt but trying to get hackman on is proving to be a little awkward...

ftp'd the files (using Binary) to my tivoweb-tcl dir and subs, then ./hackman.itcl gives me this:

./hackman.itcl
./hackman.itcl: proc: command not found
./hackman.itcl: global: command not found
./hackman.itcl: line 34: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./hackman.itcl: line 34: `}'

where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Del.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need a little help decrypting a 6.4a HR10-250. I would like to know first if there is any way to enable networking and preserve my recordings. Second if not how do I disable encryption on my working drive that I am practicing on. I have used PTVNet and InstantCake, and have your Hackman utility working. I'm still not able to download a file that I can open however. Do you have a utility to accomplish the decryption or could you add that?
Thanks,
Mark

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,626 ·
Sorry, my first hand knowledge stops at version 6.2. I hope to graduate to HD some day, but it won't be soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a series 2 and am having a problem getting Hackman to start with TWP.

Software System: 6.2-01-2-321
TWP Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-091208)T
Hackman version 7.1.0
TWP is in \TivoWebPlus with config files in \var\TWP\configs

I removed all Hackman files on the box by referencing the files in the Hackman -V7.1.0.tgz file. Then followed the instructions in the Read-Me file. Now I see the proper Hackman files in the modules folder under TivoWebPlus.

When I reboot the TiVo TWP launches and seems fine, except I have no Hackman.

The only reference to Hackman in the TWP log file is:
hackman_util,
-- Loading hackman Version 7.1.0 --
-Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 09:20 AM, local time
-hackman comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
-This program is licensed under the GPL.
-See the 'docs/Hackman -- LICENSES.txt' file for copyright and credit information.
-Checking TWP version number: newer TivoWebPlus version
-Root directory mounted read-only (recommended)
-hackman utility load completed

I know I am probably making a simple mistake, but after a couple of days searching I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,628 ·
I know it's been a long time and I don't know how many old TiVos and old TiVo hackers are out there, but I found a bug or two in Hackman and fixed them. They've been there for almost a year and a half, so it's doubtful than anyone really cares, but if you do, click the link in my sig.

·
19 Posts
:up::up: :)

David, you keep doing what you do, we'll keep giving you kudos!

I thought I broke it unpacking 7.1.1 over 7.1.0, nearly panicked when I found that the only prior version I had backed up was 7.0.2, and breathed a sigh when it started working after chmod'ing the mips and ppc folders followed by a full restart of the TiVo and two full restarts of TWP... RTFM! :)

(yes, the join date and post count are correct... read and learn, grasshoppers!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
David, First of All...Thanks for all your work. I have tried to update my TWP with your hackmand 7.1.1 files and have been not been able to get it to load, however TWP loads fine. I have read this this forum for problems similar to mine and tried out the suggestions but have been unsucessful. If you have the time I would appreciate a pointer in looking over my log file for a potential fix. Thanks Again!

------============------ Loading ------============------
TivoWebPlus - v2.1.b3 2.1.b3 (oztivo-090121)
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files for copyright and credit information.
Loading libs...
btutils,html,http,index,rec,sendkey,sendkeyavail=0
timezone,ui,util,TimeZone: US
-running init_channelList--- completed in 1 seconds
-running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 0 seconds
hackman_util,
-- Loading hackman Version 7.1.1 --
-Sunday, November 28, 2010, 11:00 PM, local time
-hackman comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
-This program is licensed under the GPL.
-See the 'docs/Hackman -- LICENSES.txt' file for copyright and credit information.
-Checking TWP version number: newer TivoWebPlus version
-Root directory mounted read-only (recommended)
POSIX ENOENT {no such file or directory} couldn't execute "": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec $hm::find / -path /proc -prune -o -name freepages -type f -print"
(in namespace eval "::" script line 716)
invoked from within
"namespace eval $ns "$s""

Loading modules...

Building menus...
Loading completed in 11 seconds
Attempting to open port 80
Accepting Connections
- [29/Nov/2010:07:00:28] saving dyncfg.cfg
Preload Favs done

·
Triallist - Sep 2000
51 Posts
Hi,

I'm struggling with switching between TivoWeb (1.9.4) and TWP (2.1.b3) on my UK TiVo.

I've followed the PortlandPaw 2007 guide and installed HackMan 7.1.1 running on TWP and Hackman 4.2.8 on TivoWeb

While I can switch from TWP to TivoWeb there is no option to switch back

As far as I could understand the guide I have the right version of Hackman for each TivoWeb. But have I misunderstood and should I have 7.1.1 on both? Can I just copy the TWP installation to the Tivoweb directory or do I need to reinstall (gulp)

Thanks

Aleks

·
C64 hacker
100 Posts
Just curious: when you say "switching between", do you have a need of both Tivoweb versions being installed? The easiest way to do that would be to have them in completely separate directories and on different ports. Then just install the different Hackman versions to the correct Tivoweb installation.

Hi,

I'm struggling with switching between TivoWeb (1.9.4) and TWP (2.1.b3) on my UK TiVo.

I've followed the PortlandPaw 2007 guide and installed HackMan 7.1.1 running on TWP and Hackman 4.2.8 on TivoWeb

While I can switch from TWP to TivoWeb there is no option to switch back

As far as I could understand the guide I have the right version of Hackman for each TivoWeb. But have I misunderstood and should I have 7.1.1 on both? Can I just copy the TWP installation to the Tivoweb directory or do I need to reinstall (gulp)

Thanks

Aleks

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,638 ·
The Brits do need both versions installed in separate directories, with redundant hackman installations.

aleks, try this. In the TivoWeb installation, go to the Preferences page (link at the bottom, the date unless you've changed it) and then the View paths and pathnames page. At the bottom is the option to rebuild the configuration file.

Doing that should find the TWP installation and enable switching between them.

Good luck!

·
Triallist - Sep 2000
51 Posts
That's fantastic. It works. Thank you so much.

My poor Tivo may be 11 years old but I would get into such trouble if any of it stopped working and switching between the tivowebs is so useful. Being a mk1 with a 50Mhz processor it really struggles running both at the same time.

Aleks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That's fantastic. It works. Thank you so much.

My poor Tivo may be 11 years old but I would get into such trouble if any of it stopped working and switching between the tivowebs is so useful. Being a mk1 with a 50Mhz processor it really struggles running both at the same time.

Aleks
Wow, a 50Mhz processor. I forgot there ever made those. Until I bought my router I was using a DX4 100 box for a firewall. Kind of hated to retire it since it was stable as all heck.

1621 - 1640 of 1645 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.