TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 556 Posts

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Thank you. Starting resources lists all the resources that can be edited with TivoWeb's Resource Editor. That button doesn't really work to start or stop hacks like the other ones -- it just displays the resources.

A search of this thread quickly brought up autospace .

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
A minor update Version 1.2.1 improves the remount function by adding an automatic detection routine and makes default read-only mounting optional. Users who have their hacks in a directory other than /var/* may want to override the default read-only which hackman sets when it loads. Updaters should install both hackman.itcl and hackman.cfg.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
I'm betting you're trying to do all this without the benefit of assistance from the README file -- that's what I wrote if for and it's included in both .html and .txt format for your reading pleasure and technical edification.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I don't know about pauses, but you could try looking at the sendkeypress code that I use to shut down TCS -- it's in hackman.itcl, as well. I don't have it in front of me, so I don't remember precisely...look for something like {SendKey "num9" SendKey "num9" SendKey "clear"}.

You might try experimenting with this control. If it works, let me know and I'll hard code it into a new section. Maybe some kind of "user definable" section.

Let me know how it works!

p.s. I've been thinking about doing something similar to enable backdoors and other features...maybe this is the spark I need to make that happen.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
fozzie, iguru42 and Carlton Bale (!), you've inspired me! I'm going to start working on a new hackman segment next week. Without getting too carried away, what do you think the most popular scripts would be?
1. 30-second skip
2. Back door
3. ?
4. ?

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Try editing the hackman.cfg file so that the line that reads
set 3 "exec $yacpathname &" reflects your new setup (I think it needs the -t):
set 3 "exec $yacpathname -t 10 &"
Please let me know if this works.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
This is puzzling...I think the /var/hack/lib stuff was an issue separate from hackman.

But I had a thought...I didn't really recreate how you started from the bash prompt. Try this:

set 3 {exec /bin/bash -c "cd /var/hack/bin"
exec yac -t 10 &}

I hope that does the trick!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Here's an experimental version that adds a few back door functions to hackman. Even though there are readme files included in the zip, they haven't been updated yet. Here's the Readers' Digest version:

1. A "Commands Page" button has been added. There's a new graphic for the button.
2. The page has five back door features that should be self-explanatory.
3. There are flags in the hackman.cfg file (which has to be copied to the /modules directory, along with hackman.itcl) which provide the option to run four of the scripts on boot (enable 30-second skip, etc.), assuming that TivoWeb is being loaded on boot. As was found in Fozzie's script, there's a two minute (or more) delay after booting before things start to happen. Be patient, as some of the screens have as much as a 12 second delay to allow the TiVo to keep up with the script. However you are starting TivoWeb, you should make it the last in your startup sequence.

So I need your help to make this as universal as possible. I noted that the keys to enable backdoors that iguru42 listed did not correspond to the keys that work on my Phillips HDR-112 Series 1 TiVo running version 3.0-01-1-000 software.

So please check these on your machines and report back what modifications you have to make to get them running on your box. Don't forget to specify model and software. I don't want a whole lot of "it doesn't work on my TiVo!" complaints.

One word of caution: The last two items open up what may the Pandora's Box of the Node Navigator. So I suggest you check out the keypresses you need to do these things, and then check them against the commands listed in hackman.itcl.

I appreciate everyone's help in adding to hackman's functionality.

Attachments

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Originally posted by Fofer
If on the other hand I try to start it by just using:
./var/hack/bin/yac &
It says "osd: command not found"
Where are the osd files? I would check to see that the path to the osd's is included in your boot path statement (rc.sysinit). You'll have to reboot after adding the path, if that's the case.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I hope you're not the one who downloaded my first effort a couple of hours ago! That one didn't work...this one (uploaded about 15 minutes ago) does...I hope!

Let me know what you think.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
All five functions work perfectly on my box, so I'll wait until you've had some time to experiment. I, too, thought the software version was consistent, but maybe there are other factors at work.

In Backdoors, I'm using the tcl command "after" followed by the number of milliseconds, as I saw the problem you referred to. I don't understand why the sendkey patterns are so different.

Despite the claims in the TiVo hacking literature, overshoot will reset upon reboot, which is why I included it. Advance Wishlists will retain its value, but it's such a valuable feature, I thought I'd make it easy for people to activate it.

I'll play around some more with your 30-sec code -- I wish I could remember why I did it that way. I know I had a reason. EDIT -- it came back to me when I tried it again -- it didn't work! There's something different between our machines. The key sequence works from the remote but not from code.

I have a brother-in-law who lives in Franklin...do you know Glenn Ross or his son Christopher?

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Well, I got 30-second going with this:
2 {set seq "livetv clear select play select 3 0 select livetv clear"
sendkeydelayed $seq
}

proc sendkeydelayed {seq} {
foreach key $seq {
after 250
SendKey $key
}
}

But I can't get your key sequence for Backdoors to work at all -- when I walk through it from the remote, it's not even close! After I do the "livetv tivo 4 select 3" the cursor is on the "A" -- moving it to the left takes it back to "All Programs." Even if I got that space in correctly, when I hit "3" I'm taken to the program list (something called 3 Strikes -- makes me wonder what would happen if nothing started w/"3"), so I've got to move left before I can punch in the "0." From there it's OK.

Does this mean that we have to ask each user to determine their personal key sequence?

We're in the process of moving for the last time. It sucks, but at least I can set up the house the way I want it with a heavy investment in coax and RG6 cable.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I, too, have shows starting with "3." That's the confusing part ... on my machine, it doesn't get pulled to the right until I hit the space. If I understand you correctly, yours gets pulled over when you hit the "3."

I think I got it -- my show beginning with three is literally "3" followed by the space. So mine jumps after yours does.

This is going to take some work -- the program list will change and the script will break.

p.s. We must go to the same barber, too.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Maybe the solution is two menu items -- one for "3 " and all others. I think mine is the special (and rare) case. I don't think it would be worth trying to read the MFS to find out what the real case is.

I'm going to bed and let the Red Sox lull me to sleep.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Originally posted by PortlandPaw
I don't think it would be worth trying to read the MFS to find out what the real case is.
While listening to the Sox win again, I decided I'd give it a try. Stay tuned.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Autospace is already in hackman. Please check that the paths match between the hackman.cfg file and where it is on your box.

The problem with endpadplus is not hackman, but rather how you're starting endpadplus on boot. Use hackman to edit whatever file you're using to start endpadplus to specify the -1 and +2 settings you prefer.

I agree about modifying tivoapp -- I chowdered my machine up good the last time I tried that and vowed I'd leave it alone after that.

I hope we can solve the backdoor problem. 30 sec skip and sort are OK, but there are some challenges w/backdoor. It's kind of like building a macro where the elements aren't constant.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
I'm planning on using the search module to check the programs that might come up on the "Search By Title" screen, but they don't match!

On the Search By Title screen, one program that starts with 3{space} comes up, but in search, there are several. And the details don't match, either. Search By Title says 3 Strikes is going to show on Sepember 17; search says none of the several 3{space} programs are scheduled to air. Now I get a [can't read "cache_sp_moddate"] error, so maybe I caught it in mid-index or something.

I'll keep plugging at it.

81 - 100 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.