81 - 100 of 1645 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by PortlandPaw
Okay, for each of these hacks please tell me:
1. The full path and name to the hack
2. The command used to start the hack
3. The command used to stop the hack (if any)

I don't have either of these hacks installed on my SA1 box, so I'll have to do what I'm doing with cachecard, i.e. put together an experimental version and let you tell me if it works.
elseed:
/var/hack/bin/elseed -s 30 -t 15 -b 390 -r 50 &
For elseed, those are the options I use.

ccxstream:
/var/hack/bin/ccxstream &

thanks

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I think I'll pursue your second suggestion -- assume cachecard is running, set a flag to that effect, and if it's not running, you'll have to "stop" it once before you can start it. Not too bad. I'm taking off for the weekend, so look for something around the middle of next week.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think I might have found a problem. If I run MFS_FTP from Hackman the button alters to Stop as it should. If I then go out of Hackman and back in the button has reverted back to Start even though it's still working which then attempts to restart it if I click it. It used to work fine for me on the older betas and everything is set up correctly in the .cfg file.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I haven't been able to replicate the problem. Are you sure mfs_ftp didn't shut down on its own? When you telnet in and do a "ps ax", what entry comes up for mfs_ftp? Hackman is looking for "mfs_ftp.tcl" and if it doesn't find it (exactly), it concludes that mfs_ftp isn't running. If it shows a different entry, please let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Many apologies PortlandPaw, you're right. If I ran it manually from the bash prompt it seems to run okay for a few seconds and then when I check with ps ax it's not running. I'm not sure if I had the latest version but I installed it a while ago so I got the current release from Another Place, deleted the version on TiVo and reinstalled it and all is working well now. Again, many apologies :eek:

·
Registered
334 Posts
IMHO Hackman is very similar to sanderton's work in approach and practicality. Simply a hack most people want, well-executed.

Thanks PortlandPaw, for thinking of it and delivering it.

I'm especialy looking forward to the ccxstream version as I use XBox Media Center with my TiVos very siuccessfully but don't always remember to start ccxstream.

Again, many thanks for hackman!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
This is kind of like programming in the dark, since I can't test any of these additions:
1. cachecard
2. elseed
3. ccxstream

But take a look at this experimental version [obsolete version deleted] and if something doesn't work right or you get any error messages (I suspect you might!) be sure to cut, paste and post them here. I'll keep dabbling until I get it right.

And thanks again for the kind words.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, quick reply: Look in line 9 of the config:
asdfasf# See ReadMe for explanations of these switches:
:)

After I removed the asdfasf, I get two cachecard entries, one that I can start and one that I can stop. Odd (I'm on a series 2 dtivo.). Plus no elseed or ccxstream entries.

81 - 100 of 1645 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.