41 - 60 of 556 Posts

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Okay, for each of these hacks please tell me:
1. The full path and name to the hack
2. The command used to start the hack
3. The command used to stop the hack (if any)

I don't have either of these hacks installed on my SA1 box, so I'll have to do what I'm doing with cachecard, i.e. put together an experimental version and let you tell me if it works.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Thanks, nosaj, as soon as I get the info on cachecard, I'll post an experimental prototype for all three new hacks.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I think I'll pursue your second suggestion -- assume cachecard is running, set a flag to that effect, and if it's not running, you'll have to "stop" it once before you can start it. Not too bad. I'm taking off for the weekend, so look for something around the middle of next week.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I haven't been able to replicate the problem. Are you sure mfs_ftp didn't shut down on its own? When you telnet in and do a "ps ax", what entry comes up for mfs_ftp? Hackman is looking for "mfs_ftp.tcl" and if it doesn't find it (exactly), it concludes that mfs_ftp isn't running. If it shows a different entry, please let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
This is kind of like programming in the dark, since I can't test any of these additions:
1. cachecard
2. elseed
3. ccxstream

But take a look at this experimental version [obsolete version deleted] and if something doesn't work right or you get any error messages (I suspect you might!) be sure to cut, paste and post them here. I'll keep dabbling until I get it right.

And thanks again for the kind words.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
OK, try this one [obsolete deleted]. Almost makes me want to go out and buy a cachecard!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Kind of like playing chess by mail, isn't it? This should help.

NOTE: Obsolete Revised Experimental 4 deleted

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well, it looks like we need a cachecard user to try my experimental version.

I'll upload one soon.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Here's the latest experimental -- looks like ccxstream and elseed are working OK, but I need feedback on cachecard.

There are now entries in the hackman.cfg file to indicate whether cachecard is:
0 = not installed
1 = installed, default to off
2 = installed, default to on

The idea is that when hackman starts, it will either consider cachecard to be on or off (default). From there, it will toggle cachecard on and off. If it's out of phase to begin with, an extra cycle of turning it on or off will be required to align it properly.

Since I'm writing this "blind" and can't test it, I'll expect a few errors before I get it right. So please let me know as much as you can, error messages and such, and I'll get it running.

Dialanothernumb, you're welcome!

[Obsolete attachment deleted]

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Fixed now. You tickle one end and the other giggles.

I've come up with a way to allow tserver alone to operate. It looks for NowShowing.tcl as a test for TyTool.

As for alphabetizing, I want the most frequent running hacks up top. Personal preference. Allowing the order to be customized would be a challenge.

Check out the prototype in the next post. Still looking for cachecard comments!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Here's the latest experimental -- looks like ccxstream and elseed are working OK, but I need feedback on cachecard.

There are now entries in the hackman.cfg file to indicate whether cachecard is:
0 = not installed
1 = installed, default to off
2 = installed, default to on

The idea is that when hackman starts, it will either consider cachecard to be on or off (default). From there, it will toggle cachecard on and off. If it's out of phase to begin with, an extra cycle of turning it on or off will be required to align it properly.

Since I'm writing this "blind" and can't test it, I'll expect a few errors before I get it right. So please let me know as much as you can, error messages and such, and I'll get it running.

Attachments

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
In an attempt to be less than obvious, I made the entry point to the "dangerous" section the dateline at the bottom. Just click on "June, 2004" and you'll be there.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I don't have an HDRV2 to test it on, but there's no reason why it shouldn't at least appear as a menu item. Not to be insultingly obvious, are you sure hackman.itcl and hackman.cfg are in the modules directory of your TivoWebPlus? And have you done a complete shut down of TWP and restart from telnet? This shouldn't be necessary, but may be the kick it needs.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
The only time I haven't seen hackman load is when it has some kind of fatal error in it. So, first, I'm assuming you're using v1.0 and not the experimental version I've been working with in this thread.

So with v1.0 installed, shut down TWP completely and from a telnet session enter the start command, "tivoweb console." If you get any error messages please cut, paste and send them to me. Thanks!

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I love happy endings. No, there's no reason to have both 1.9.4 and Plus installed other than to offer people the option of having both available for various purposes and in case there are modules that work in one but not the other.

For the benefit of others installing hackman, both hackman.cfg and the readme file include instructions not to delete a path even if it's not installed. I guess I should expand that to include commenting out.

Glad you got hackman running and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
ccxstream hasn't been added to the general distribution yet, as I'm waiting to fix cachecard support (low level priority project both on my end and, apparently, on the user side). Are you using the experimental version found here? . This one supports ccxstream, to the best of my knowledge (I don't have ccxstream to test it with).

·
Woodstock-era Hacker
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
The only differences between v1.0 and Exp.7 are that 7 supports ccxstream and elseed and is in development to support cachecard, although it doesn't work yet. You can safely use Exp.7 and I would recommend you do so. Don't forget to replace both hackman.itcl and hackman.cfg!

And thanks for the kind words.

41 - 60 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.