TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
PortlandPaw, excellent module thanks. Already coming in very handy when FTP stops working! Two slight problems though. When going from Tivoweb 1.9.4 to Tivowebplus and vice-versa the top section of the Tivoweb is duplicated with inverted colours (exactly the same as Tivo-Onions Dailymail module did). Also, with the newest version when I edit the .cfg file in TiVoweb it overwrites the rc.sysinit.author.edit file rather than the hackman.cfg file. I have Stuart's Startup editor installed so I suspect the problem is the same as TiVo-Onions was here

·
Registered
255 Posts
Two different versions of Tivoweb would definitely be cool!I like the sound of being able to edit other text files remotely. I can break TiVo from work then ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think I might have found a problem. If I run MFS_FTP from Hackman the button alters to Stop as it should. If I then go out of Hackman and back in the button has reverted back to Start even though it's still working which then attempts to restart it if I click it. It used to work fine for me on the older betas and everything is set up correctly in the .cfg file.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Many apologies PortlandPaw, you're right. If I ran it manually from the bash prompt it seems to run okay for a few seconds and then when I check with ps ax it's not running. I'm not sure if I had the latest version but I installed it a while ago so I got the current release from Another Place, deleted the version on TiVo and reinstalled it and all is working well now. Again, many apologies :eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Originally posted by stark
Apparently Riley put a time limit on mfs_ftp 1.29Q. I found this out at the "forum which shall not be named".

You can downgrade to the P version, or reload the Q version.
Thanks stark, that would explain it. I'll remember that next time it stops working.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've stuck with V1.0 for a long time because it did what I needed perfectly but curiosity about the Buffer hack got the better of me. I upgraded to the version above, had a quick look around and then did a full reboot. When TiVo came back up none of my hacks ran. I've gone back to my backup copy that I made earlier today but am curious as to the cause of the problem. I'm guessing it's because I use Stuarts startup editor and I did notice that ALL of my hacks where set in Hackman by default not to start on boot up. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that Hack Manager looked at the standard startup file, couldn't find them and assumed they weren't set to run.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
255 Posts
Originally posted by PortlandPaw
Hackman must plead "not guilty" to the capital offense of mucking about where it shouldn't.
I thought that might be the case. Must have just been a very unlucky piece of timing. I'll have another go with it tomorrow.

Still an excellent piece of software and the new features looked good.:up:

·
Registered
255 Posts
You need to set the files in bin_mips and bin_ppc to be executable. I went into each of those directories and typed chmod 755 *

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.