TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I updated to 5.5.5 tonight and now ccxstream no longer appears in hackman. Any ideas how to get that back? I deleted the var/TWP/hackman.cfg file to have it look for things again, it finds ccxstream in the but I don't get a button.

Also, I just noticed my version says 5.5.2...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
PortlandPaw said:
Soapm, I just did some work to add ccsxtream_s2 to the mix, so it looks like I messed something up. What is the exact name of the ccxstream app? How do you know the file scan is finding it...does it show up on the View Paths and Pathnames screen?

As for the version number, it will update on the second load...or at least it should.

p.s. I just tested it again on my S1 SA, and it seems to detect and display it OK.
I got it to work, it was how the file was executed in the author file. I had it as;

cd /enhancements/varhacks/ccxstream ./ccxstream -f

I changed it to

/enhancements/varhacks/ccxstream/ccxstream -f

and hackman registeres it now.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hey David, it seems like hackman is overriding my author file. Is this possible?

I can't get ccxstream to start on boot since I stopped it using hackman. There is no # in the author file yet when I hit the start button in hackman it starts right up???

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
PortlandPaw said:
Soapm, I'm confused. It sounds like you're editing your .author file. You shouldn't have to do that if you let hackman manage those hacks. Try this:
1. Carefully edit out any reference to ccxstream in your .author file
2. Go to Preference, View Paths and Pathnames and select Rebuild Configuration File
3. Use the gumdrops to include/exclude files from .author
Let me know if that does the trick.
Yep, we cooking with crisco now... Thanks

I still don't understand how this works, does hackman cause the Tivo to ignore the author file?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That's fantastic. It works. Thank you so much.

My poor Tivo may be 11 years old but I would get into such trouble if any of it stopped working and switching between the tivowebs is so useful. Being a mk1 with a 50Mhz processor it really struggles running both at the same time.

Aleks
Wow, a 50Mhz processor. I forgot there ever made those. Until I bought my router I was using a DX4 100 box for a firewall. Kind of hated to retire it since it was stable as all heck.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
So hackman, and all TiVo development is dead. As for the install problems, please read the readme on the website. hackman.tcl doesn't run from the prompt -- it has to be installed correctly and loaded by TWP.
It was a great ride while it lasted. I still use hackman on my S3.

Thanks for the great work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.