TiVo Community Forum banner
11381 - 11400 of 11850 Posts

·
I Wish I knew Then..
368 Posts
Thank you for that. Mine looks quite a bit different:

The asx appeared when enabling tyshow links in TWP, but no sign of the view link. Well thanks for confirming I'm not insane. ;)
This probably ought to be in the TWP support thread. What version of TWP are you running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This probably ought to be in the TWP support thread. What version of TWP are you running?
TivoWebPlus v2.1.b2, installed by the enhancements script. And yes you're right about the TWP thread most likely, I wasn't sure where to post it, so I just tacked on to Jim's post when I saw it. Is the thread you mention, one on this forum? Thanks.

·
I Wish I knew Then..
368 Posts
TivoWebPlus v2.1.b2, installed by the enhancements script. And yes you're right about the TWP thread most likely, I wasn't sure where to post it, so I just tacked on to Jim's post when I saw it. Is the thread you mention, one on this forum? Thanks.
The main support thread is at DDB. You should really update to the latest build. It works like a champ. its .b3 dated 080715.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The main support thread is at DDB. You should really update to the latest build. It works like a champ. its .b3 dated 080715.
Thank you so much for your advice. I mistakenly assumed I had the most recent version, I found b3 on sourceforge, updated to it, and though I still only have the ASX link, it seems to behave amazingly now. WMP launches instantly and the video shortly follows. All the gobbledegook Jim observed in the asx link is cleaned up in b3. Thank you very much, you have my immense gratitude, as does everyone who works on these amazing tools/scripts/etc.

edit: and now I found the even newer b3 version you mentioned by following links over at ddb. This version gives a live TV link which shows a view link next to the asx link on each tuner. Still no view links on the NPL, but hey the asx links work great. Now.. to trod off and try to figure out why firefox complains there's no program assigned to the tivo: designation.. I would've thought the reg key that came with tyshow would've registered that one. It works if I give the tivo: url directly to WMP, so probably not too far off. Thanks again, sorry this was the wrong thread.

edit edit: ah and the key to associate tivo: urls to WMP, just found it over on ddb. All set. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for this way cool hack... :up: I'm ready to hack my TIVO S1R-S4080R and install THE ZIPPER. The TIVO just got disconnected today from DIRECTV to a NEW HD-DVR (not TIVO).

I have a simple question :confused: .. I hope.

Beside the bene's I'll get for adding the DVR to my PC network... the MAIN reason I'm trying to hack the TIVO... is to save a bunch of old B&W movies on my S4080R...

Your instructions reccomend using a fresh HDD. Outside of the normal risks, when dealing with a HDD that already has data on it... what reccomednations do you have? Will running the zipper on this drive format or in any way delete the current image and data on the drive?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have three DTV series 2 TIVOs originally zippered a long time ago. All has been working well except lost ability to open TWP from browser on two of them. I updated TWP via telnet and tar and could only access TWP by browser while in telnet and running tivoweb console. If I closed telnet...no twp. I requested help at "the other" site and was told to edit rc.sysinit with the following:

1) CYA

Code:
cp /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit /etc/rc.sysyinit.orig2) add a statement to start TWP - you are going to have to know where you've installed TWP and use the correct path here!
Example - if you've installed to /var/TWP....

Code:
echo "/var/TWP/tivoweb" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

which I did using /TivoWebPlus which ismy directory and now TWP starts and is running. However, I realized that maybe I should have edited rc.sysinit.author instead!
Below is both my rc.sysinit and rc.sysinit.author as they are now. What should I do to make sure all my hacks are loading?

IW rc.sysinit.author (Read onl Row 54 Col 1 1:15 Ctrl-K H for help
reboot
fi
fi

#############################################
# starting EndPadPlus
tivosh /enhancements/endpadplus.tcl 0 1 -seq -auto >> /dev/null &

# start crond after waiting 30 seconds
sleep 30
/busybox/crond

# Check if var got wiped, and if so, rebuild symlinks from /enhancements/varhac
if [ ! -e /var/vardelete_flag ]; then
sh /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh
fi

# Connect to the gotomydvr server:
if [ -f /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr ]; then
/gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr &
fi

as opposed to rc.sysinit which looks like this:

IW rc.sysinit (Read only) Row 109 Col 1 1:20 Ctrl-K H for help
source $ScriptFragmentFile
else
# May be a dangling symlink, directory, or no scripts present
echo "$ScriptFragmentFile cannot be run"
fi
done
}

echo "Starting rc.sysinit"

for SysinitStage in A_PreKickstart \
B_PostKickstart \
C_MediaInitialization \
D_PreMfs \
E_PreApplication \
F_ApplicationLaunch \
G_PostApplication ; do
RunStage $SysinitStage
done

echo "rc.sysinit is complete"

/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb

·
Registered
44 Posts
But is it Ok that I also have a line starting tivoweb in the rc.sysinit file as well as the rc.sysinit.author file or should I use joe and delete /Tivowebplus/tivoweb from rc.sysinit and just put it in the author file? Probably a stupid question!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Hmm, it seems that I am all of a sudden having a network problem. I have four DTivos, all zippered when the zipper first came out. They are all on software version 6.2a. Everything was working great until today including MRV. Suddenly none of the DTivos are showing up in the others Now Playing List. It is consistent among the four units. However, they are all still accessible by TWP via my desktop computer which is very puzzling to me. I've done some searching, but either I am not using the right keywords, or no one has ever come across this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've rebooted the Tivos and the router and that solved nothing.

·
Sponsor
2,494 Posts
Hmm, it seems that I am all of a sudden having a network problem. I have four DTivos, all zippered when the zipper first came out. They are all on software version 6.2a. Everything was working great until today including MRV. Suddenly none of the DTivos are showing up in the others Now Playing List. It is consistent among the four units. However, they are all still accessible by TWP via my desktop computer which is very puzzling to me. I've done some searching, but either I am not using the right keywords, or no one has ever come across this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've rebooted the Tivos and the router and that solved nothing.
Sounds like a problem with DNS; take a look at this thread as it may shed some light. I think there are a few other threads that address this but this should get you on the right track.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a HD Tivo on software version 6.3e that thends to pop in and out of HMV. It's always available from my computer via TiVo web, but every now and then it can't seem to see the server on my main computer. I've never found a way to solve this.

·
Cellphone Junkie
273 Posts
Thanks for this way cool hack... :up: I'm ready to hack my TIVO S1R-S4080R and install THE ZIPPER. The TIVO just got disconnected today from DIRECTV to a NEW HD-DVR (not TIVO).

I have a simple question :confused: .. I hope.

Beside the bene's I'll get for adding the DVR to my PC network... the MAIN reason I'm trying to hack the TIVO... is to save a bunch of old B&W movies on my S4080R...

Your instructions reccomend using a fresh HDD. Outside of the normal risks, when dealing with a HDD that already has data on it... what reccomednations do you have? Will running the zipper on this drive format or in any way delete the current image and data on the drive?
if you have not hacked it yet, what you can do is do a dd to copy the orig drive to a new, larger one...after doing that, you can expand the image to the full drive size...once you do that, you can then run the zipper on the new drive..that way when it gets fubar'ed you will always have the original drive...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I have searched to no avail. I want to upgrade my HR10-250 to 6.4a from 6.3f. It is already zippered, and running great. The question I have is how do I do the upgrade without losing all my hacks? I have the slices in MFS already, and I know how to do the manual upgrade with the modified installSw.itcl, but how do I avoid losing my hacks and network/telnet access? Is there a step by step somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
1. edit the installSw.itcl script to not reboot.
2. run the installSw.itcl script

3. copy the kernel from the current running partition to the partition which the new software has been installed.

4. copy hack files and directories over.

5. reboot.

11381 - 11400 of 11850 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.