TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 11850 Posts

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
no problem.
I guess we're going to have to adjust the script for this in the future.
What are you using for a boot disk anyway?

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
you might have problems accessing the mfs partitions with the knoppix cd.
We reccomend the 5 dollar boot cd for a good reason, it understands the Tivo file system :p

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
okas long as you use the kernel you have, and it's gzipped, AND it is compatible with 6.2 you will be ok.
The kernels on that free disk are NOT for series 2 DTivos.

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
no problem.
Believe me we looked at many scenarios for getting this done, and the 5 dollar downloadable iso is by far the most idiot proofed way to get a good boot disk AND a hacked kernel, lets not re-invent the wheel we just re-invented :p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
WOW this is truly so much easier than ever to hack the DTivo unit, first Gunny's "unguide" then rbautch "scripts" now "The ZIPPER", my question is where does the PTVnet CD(6.2 Version) fit into this great Zipper? or should I just use the Zipper w/o the PTVnet CD? wished you guys came out with the Zipper before I purchased the PTVnet CD, anyways GREAT WORK GUYS :up: :up: :up:

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you are going to use the PTVnet cd, I reccomend just using rbautch's enhancement script.
The Zipper does everything ptvnet does the enhancement script however is a bit fuller featured.
You get some very nice tivoweb modules, cron, season pass backup, and more.
Just realize PTVnet puts some stuff in places that the script may not know how to find.
I suggest asking about ptvnet in rbautch's script thread.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Gunnyman said:
If you are going to use the PTVnet cd, I reccomend just using rbautch's enhancement script.
The Zipper does everything ptvnet does the enhancement script however is a bit fuller featured.
You get some very nice tivoweb modules, cron, season pass backup, and more.
Just realize PTVnet puts some stuff in places that the script may not know how to find.
I suggest asking about ptvnet in rbautch's script thread.
thanks Gunny,
I hope rbautch see's my post, I'd rather not double post my question and take up space on the forums but I think you answered my question, looks like the way to go is to use the Zipper to hack my unit w/o the PTVnet CD, thanks again :p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Gunnyman said:
The PTV net product is awesome though, I don't want anyone to think I was knocking it.
I know you wasn't knocking it, it's great for those that are not comfortable with hacking their DTivo unit but The Zipper seems so easy that I think anyone can follow it and hack their unit with no problems(seems to me from reading these threads that most problems stems from not READING what was written or instructed to do and follow)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just ran across this thread. Very good stuff! I have a quick question. Will I have the ability to transfer shows with "Tivo to go" after using zipper? I had a standalone b4 my DTivo and remember having to have a media access key.

Also, If i perform the scripts on a HD with 6.2 on it, will I need to rerun the Guided setup? Thanks guys!

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
mike:
We can't talk about extraction here, but TTG is a standalone only feature.
If you already have 6.2 another guided setup will NOT be necessary.

21 - 40 of 11850 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.