TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Great work, you guys!

I have a question - your directory listing on the TiVo_Zipper page shows the 'rbautch-files.tgz' file as being 2,218 KB in size. However, the size of this file in the "Tools CD" (tools_disk.zip) file is only 2,135 KB.

Is the "Tools CD" ok as is?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
summerall said:
Tivoweb >> main menu >> net config

Should I have the DHCP checkbox selected if I have my Tivo is getting its IP address from DHCP via my router?
I may be wrong but I think you shouldn't mess with this 'net config' in TivoWebPlus unless you want to give the TiVo a static address. If it works fine now via DHCP don't mess with it.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
tosetek,

You can back up your current 6.2 disk with a free Weaknees LBA48 boot cd (download the .iso and burn to a cd) and then restore it to your new drive. Nothing to buy that way and you can use the Zipper procedure.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: Gunny beat me to it and is probably more correct. :)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Wow, Eddy....that throughput looks WAY low. I'm running wired DTiVos so I can't help on the wireless front but my throughput was 14.78. Something has to be drastically wrong with your setup.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
eddyj said:
What does the new script do for the bash prompt? Just put a "set prompt" command (or whatever it is) in the .profile file?
Yes, the script uses the name that you choose and puts it in a prompt. It is nicer that way.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
MurrayW said:
Gunnyman thanks again for the quick response. So to watch a program on an unsubbed TiVo, it just copies the file from another TiVo on the network onto it's hard drive. So would the only reason to have a large hard drive on an unsubbed unit be for archiving shows? Do I have this right, I could copy from a subbed TiVo then delete the show from the subbed TiVo to make more room for other recordings?

That will be all my questions for today...I don't want to distrurb your nap again today! :D

thanks,
Murray
I'll try to answer this one. Yes, an unsubbed DirecTiVo copies the show from the subbed DirecTiVo. The recording light comes on and all that. I have three DirecTiVos that are all subbed but one of them has a bigger drive and I use it for 'storage'. I then delete the shows off the smaller disk DirecTiVos.

edit: Beaten by SteelersFan

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
joebread said:
2)Do I have to use the instant cake image made for my model tivo to have this work properly...its 20 bucks and i don't know if i feel like spending it.... or can i just use any image that i can find...I have a 7.x image downloaded... could I use that? I heard from somwhere that you can use the 7.x image on a dtv unit.

4) I downloaded the 7.x image as stated above but it is in .mfs format (to be used w/ mfs tools 2 boot cd) can i still use the zipper w/ this image? or do I have to do somthing different with it? I noticed that your image file didn't have the file extensions on it so I can' tell from the screen shot.

Thanks you guys you are a huge help.

I will buy the instant cake cd if i have to and i will buy the 5 dollar boot disk if i absoulty must but i don't like giving my credit card number out on the internet. Thanks
The 7.x image is NOT for DirecTiVo units, sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.