TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Just a boring dude
26,793 Posts
ChangedSoul said:
Hi, I am not trying to get my tivo to have illegal service updates for channel guide data. Just want to get that out up front.

I have a tivo that sort of died on me and wasnt displaying channel guide info right so I sort of retired it and moved my lifetime account on it to another one of my tivo's. After the account transfer was complete via TiVO, I was unable to do anything with my old one aside from watch already recorded shows. This reallt upset me. I would think without the service for the TiVo, I would at least me able to set it to record based on Time and Channel just like a VCR but without the hassel of a tape.

Is there a hack that will allow me to do this?
TiVo Inc sees this as stealing service therefore it isn't allowed to be discussed here.
Therefore you won't find an answer here. Also it's doubtful this is possible anyway. Tivo has always said they are a Box + service company. They've gone to great lengths to make sure you can't use a box without service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.