TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Sort of on topic but sort of hijacking this thread:
Can the /hack directory be put in the root directory with a simlink at /var/hack pointing to /hack? If possible, this would keep /var/hack from disappearing when /var is rebuilt. I ask this because I think I'm long overdue for one of those mystery rebuilds!

Bryan

· Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info Gunny. I'm one of those old foggies who upgraded when sleeper's iso was hot stuff. Since then I have fiddle-farted around with stuff as it came along. I stopped right about when you guys came up with your zipper (I used 'the unguide'). I did use one of rbautch's early enhancement scripts but opted out of having it install TWP as I already had it in /usr/tivoweb (I moved it there after it 'disappeared' one too many times). So, I'm way behind the times now.

My /var has been wiped exactly... oodles. But I blame myself for each of them. The good thing about having 2 tivos is I don't get shot every time I screw up while playing with one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.