TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
ChrisH I work in EC2 ... I could probably pop by some evening post-work and give it a go if you wanted to try a driveswap (and I've upgraded mine to a pair of 160gb drives :D)

·
Registered
152 Posts
ChrisH said:
That would be very helpful! Do you work near Liverpool Street or Bank type area? I just don't want to waste money on a new hard drive (what if my TiVo problem doesn't go away!!! then I have a broken TiVo and a hard drive !!!!)
I work right at Throgmorton St & Old Broad St by the old London Stock Exchange, and (throwing my 2p worth in) it sounds like the drive is the prob to me.

I will not request any payment from yourself to resolve this and if offered would direct you to make a donation to the "7/7 fund" instead ...

But - have you tried the kickstart/53 to force a cleanup yet? If not do so, good chance this will resolve the problem on its own

Let me find the drive I pulled when I did the upgrade (should be in a drawer someplace) and we'll schedule something

·
Registered
152 Posts
ChrisH said:
Hi, i forgot to mention pausing live tv still works (for 30 mins) - so could there really be a hard drive problem?
no likely not a hw problem then, do the kickstart/53 to force it to do the '1hr' cleanup and sort out routines, should be fine after that would think

·
Registered
152 Posts
blindlemon said:
I should just point out that the kickstart code you want is 58 - there is no code 53 :)
Doh! Gotta get my eyes checked, of course it's 58 :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.