TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Instead of Guided Setup, have you tried "Clear and Delete Everything"?

This does what it says on the tin and can often cure database corruption problems.

Alternatively, you can trigger a GSOD using the remote by entering a special "kickstart" sequence during startup. Details here

And if that doesn't work, I would (maybe no surprise if you look at my homepage;)) agree that a new drive should fix your problem.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Chris,

Replacing your drive with a preconfigured one is really very easy - and will give you an upgrade at the same time as (almost certainly) fixing your problem - without the risk of buying an unknown TiVo from eBay and the hassle of trying to get TiVo CS to transfer the sub :)

I have sent you a PM.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
I wouldn't take your TiVo down to T.C.R. :eek:

You can't just plonk any old bare drive in there and expect it to work. It has to be configured first.

What more can I say....?

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
I should just point out that the kickstart code you want is 58 - there is no code 53 :)

Give it a try. It takes about a minute to do it, and with any luck the GSOD should run for half an hour or so and then reboot and your problem will be cured :)

YMMV though - and there is a chance that the GSOD will fail to complete - in which case you will be as stuck as you are now but it will look worse as you won't be able to get to the TiVo menus.

However, if it was my TiVo and I didn't have network access this is what I would try next.

The procedure is documented here and in post #10 above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.