TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear all,

Could someone share the image with me too?

To explain my predicament, and see if my reasoning makes sense, here goes:

I've been trying to fix my Model TCD746320, and found this thread. My TiVo has a similar problem: the loop of GSOD, restart, GSOD, restart, unable to kickstart. I assumed the problem is the hard drive, so I tried to save the drive using ddrescue on Ubuntu. ddrescue ran fine but the new drive has the exact same problem/behavior as the old drive.

So either the software is busted and I need a new image, or something other than the hard drive is broken?

I would be hugely appreciative if you could share the image with me, to see if I can salvage this machine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perfect! This image worked with an old laptop drive I had (wanted to test that the drive was the culprit before committing to buy something else). The picture was a little choppy sometimes, which I am guessing was related to the drive not being made for AV use? In any event, no more GSOD loop. I've ordered a 2TB WD20EURS.

Thank you so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.