TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
It sounds like there are several different issues mentioned in this and other 9.1 threads.

At least some of these issues are fixed in 9.2. If you don't yet have 9.2, you can sign up to get it here. It can take three business days to receive the software after you sign up.

One issue that doesn't seem to be fixed in 9.2 is a HDCP (HDMI) handshake issue with a limited number of displays. When this occurs, you get a solid black or gray screen. Neither menus nor video will display, but the tuners are still active and everything continues to record. Toggling your display video input -- such as from HDMI1 -> HDMI2 -> HDMI1 -- appears to fix the problem for some. Turning the display off and then back on fixes the problem for others.

You should not experience this issue if you are using component without a connected HDMI cable, but you could still experience this issue on component if you have a connected HDMI cable.

Tivo clearly needs to work on HDCP (HDMI) handshake compatibility in their code. But problems like this that affect some displays and not others can be difficult to diagnose. That's probably why it wasn't fixed in 9.2. If you see this problem, I would suggest you list the make and model of your display.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
TomRaz said:
I am running my Tivo HD in component connection and I have had versions 8.1, 9.1 and 9.2 software and still have the same issues.
So you can display menus and recorded programs, but not view live channels..

Have you checked whether the issue affects both analog and digital channels?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.