TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have observed the same problems with my Tivo HD and version 8.1 software. If I have my screen border colors set to black then the tivo backgrounds will be black when the problem occurs on all the backgrounds.

If I have my border colors set to gray then all the backgrounds will be gray when the problem occurs.

Most of the time a reboot solves the problem but one time I had to actually cycle power to clear the problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I have had version 8.1, 9.1 and now 9.2 same problem with the screen background going black.

You can't watch live tv or previously recorded programs during this problem. But what I discovered after a reboot to clear the problem was that my Tivo HD was actually recording a program via cable card and it actually recorded properly even though I couldn't view what it had recorded until after a reboot.

I have contact Tivo support several times about this, the first time they suggested 9.1 software which didn't help.

The second time they suggested having the hardware swapped out. Which I am in the progress of doing.

I asked a second level support person at Tivo if he had seen this issue and he admitted he has and sometime swapping out the Tivo HD resolves it and other times it does not.

So I guess I will have to wait for my new Tivo HD to arrive, swap the unit out and see how the new one behaves.

So from my perspective it appears to be non cable card, possibly not software since I have had 3 versions so far and probably some type of hardware issue.

But since others have seen the same problem I wonder if Tivo has resolved the issue yet ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.