TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Nice and Smooth
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was Greek in college so I decided to check this show out. I assumed it was going to be a soap opera, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of comedy in it. My wife knows nothing about the Greek system but she also really liked it.

· huh?
3,179 Posts
tony touch said:
I was Greek in college so I decided to check this show out. I assumed it was going to be a soap opera, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of comedy in it. My wife knows nothing about the Greek system but she also really liked it.
Dang, I missed this .... I think!!! I gotta go check and if I did.... I'm off to the torrents!

· Registered
340 Posts
Yeah the episode last night was really good. Like you said the show was really funny and I know I have met several people like the characters on the show while I was in school!
I think they did job of balancing funny with real and with a bit of drama. I know I will be watching it next week.

· Save the Moderatоr
34,426 Posts
I wasn't impressed much during most of the first half. Just a bunch of fraternity/sorority stereotypes. I suppose much of that was to try to show the good guys vs. the bad guys, in a way. But I think it's the relationship between Rusty and Casey that is likely to have the best moments. Overall I enjoyed the show and I'll watch it regularly over the summer.

It's a shame Paul Feig or Judd Apatow aren't involved in the series.

· No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place
2,589 Posts
I really liked it. Although I thought it would have interesting if Rusty had joined Evan's frat...could have set up some nice morality issues for Rusty. For example, loyalty to his sister vs. Evan, disliking Evan vs. wanting to be in a frat.

I liked the roomate too...very funny.

· I'm Grumpy???
340 Posts
Wow! It's obvious this isn't Pat Robertson's channel any longer! :p
I liked it...so far.

The stereotypes are part of the story, Doug.
It's a "greek soap", overkill is part of the charm.
But then again, I'm crude. :)

· Super Moderator
55,940 Posts
I liked it. Funny, good dialog, and actually better acted then Kyle XY which is another ABC Family show which I enjoy.

One ABC family censorship moment I did notice was when Casey was getting out of bed and putting on her bra, there was a little blurring going on. I guess they can't show "side boob" on ABC family. :)

Dan

· Save the Moderatоr
34,426 Posts
Dan203 said:
One ABC family censorship moment I did notice was when Casey was getting out of bed and putting on her bra, there was a little blurring going on. I guess they can't show "side boob" on ABC family. :)
The entire scene where Rusty was in his sisters sorority house and being confronted by the girls and thrown out by security was excised in the ABC HD airing. We saw Rusty enter, someone announce "man in the house" and then a cut to Rusty talking with his sister outside.

· Registered
6,657 Posts
dswallow said:
The entire scene where Rusty was in his sisters sorority house and being confronted by the girls and thrown out by security was excised in the ABC HD airing. We saw Rusty enter, someone announce "man in the house" and then a cut to Rusty talking with his sister outside.
So are we saying that Pat Robertson's old network is actually showing more than the NYPD Blue network? How times change.

· Registered
35 Posts
dswallow said:
I downloaded this from iTunes a week or two ago, and the running time is 52:22, so it's likely that quite a bit was cut out to get it down to the usual 42-44 minutes. I wonder if the remaining episodes will be like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.