TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a Bolt and Vox as part of the no down payment plan last month (refurbished). I have had TiVos since the WebTV TiVo Partnership back in the day...

Get these TiVos in, and for some reason I keep getting weird errors, V315 on the Vox Mini, no activation on the Bolt. After a month and a half they could not come to a fix and they had deactivated all the TiVos on my account. I spoke to several people up at TiVo corporate, gave them packet captures from Pfsense, and more. We still don't know the solution.

I finally told them that I'm just sending all my boxes back, and give me a refund. They ended up offering something cooler:

They replaced all my TiVo boxes with new TiVo Edge and Vox Mini 4ks.

Not sure how to upload an image on here, but yea runs the same Software then the Bolt, but is faster, has 2TB of storage, smallest TiVo footprint ever, and yea really the big deal is it's super fast and Dolby.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This thread title is not very helpful if the intent is to share about your experience with the TiVo Edge.

Reactions: Bigg and krkaufman

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Tell us. Same user interface? Same operating system? Do you see any differences? Same remote? We need to know...are you seeing commercials before your recordings? ( Probably too early to have made recordings)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell us. Same user interface? Same operating system? Do you see any differences? Same remote? We need to know...are you seeing commercials before your recordings? ( Probably too early to have made recordings)
Haven't checked recordings yet.
Same remote.
Same UI
Same OS
Dolby + UI Speed is the only noticeable difference

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
And your 'subscription arrangement' is what? It appears you've done spectacular regarding hardware but what's the rest of the tale?

You mention VA - zip code and provider?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And your 'subscription arrangement' is what? It appears you've done spectacular regarding hardware but what's the rest of the tale?

You mention VA - zip code and provider?
22202 Verizon FiOS

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Nah, I'm not messing with it. Went a month and a half without TV, and I now have it. I'm not doing any of that.
I understand that and I damn sure wouldn't either. If you've a 4K display let us know what the #1498 experience might be with the upcoming NFL 4K. Will FiOS get the 4K ALCS also?

Chantilly - you better lock the doors! You've Edge and both Mini working?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand that and I damn sure wouldn't either. If you've a 4K display let us know what the #1498 experience might be with the upcoming NFL 4K. Will FiOS get the 4K ALCS also?
I have no idea what any of what you just said means except for 4K and the NFL. Honestly, I just like watching Fox News and my friends like watching the Redskins Lose... and yes I have a 4k TV.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.