TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
These things are not in conflict though.

Just because they don't get a cash prize doesn't mean that they don't get compensated for being on the show.

I'd be surprised if there is ANY show where they can have you appear in episodes as a "cast member" and flat out not pay you at all.
Yeah, even the losers on reality TV shows typically get paid for their time! (The unions might have something to do with that. "Hey, if you're not going to hire actors, you better at least pay your talent the same wages!")

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I was a little surprised that Hermine was eliminated. After the showstopper, it became a little more of a tossup, I guess, but Laura's showstopper looked like a disaster, and that seems like an important factor during patisserie week. But I suppose taste is always king! On the other hand, looking over the whole season, I think Laura is the lesser baker.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
The thing with this show is that each week stands on its own and she just blew it. It's not a cumulative type of evaluation so you can be the star for several weeks and then get booted for a bad week. But they know this.
Haven't the judges looked back from time to time to settle a tie? Anyway, I think you're generally correct, and clearly this week, the judges didn't have a tie to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Looking at the Facebook page for The Great American Baking Show, they did make a casting call back in February, so they were at least planning to be back. But they haven't posted anything since April and the last post that really had anything to do with the show was February 24th.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Thought some people on here might be interested in this show since it's Nadiya from an earlier season of Great British Bake Off. I only watched one so far but there's some tasty looking stuff so far, and I think it's made pretty well. Think it's new to Netflix. Nadiya Bakes
It's fairly similar to her previous Netflix show, Time to Eat, except Time to Eat isn't limited to baking, and there's a segment in every episode where she goes to someone's house and teaches them a time-saving recipe. So if you like Bakes, you might like Time to Eat, or vice versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts