TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sad to see another early TiVo adopter give up. I'm like you, an early adopter and have had the same experience along with a large collection of older TiVo DVRs taking up space in my basement. Really like the TiVo GUI so never tried any other DVR. Just had to replace my Bolt+ that had the infamous HD failure so decided to move to the Edge rather than rebuild the Bolt+ since it ran hotter than my toaster oven. Just hoping the Edge holds on long enough to see the demise of the cable card that makes it functional. It's been quite a ride with TiVo DVRs but the end is near. Good luck to you.
Well I hate to hear you guy's are giving up but I understand. I gave up on Layer3TV then TVision and now they are gone. I have an Edge and a mini remote that knock on wood has not had any issues. After 20 years of Direct TV, 3 yrs on TVision & now Spectrum/TiVo for a couple of years The TiVo is the best DVR I have used. Now the quality of the QPSK via Spectrum is not too swift. My wife lives by the TiVo DVR. I like Quality but she win's. I dread the day we may have to make a change to streaming & Cloud based DVR's
Oh well!
Johnny S.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts