TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Under Maintenance
26,701 Posts
Honestly, none of the live channel-based "cable TV" services have HD picture quality that can match the various direct-to-consumer (DTC) on-demand services. For instance, I've read that Better Call Saul looks way better on AMC+ than on the live AMC cable channel, regardless of your provider. And heck, CBS is now making some of their primetime shows available in 4K Dolby Vision next-day on Paramount+.

IMO, cable TV is just dying a long slow death, gradually being replaced by the various DTC apps. In a few years, anything airing on cable -- including all sports and live news -- will be available at the same time in one DTC app or another. And of course, there's lots of stuff in those apps that's not and never will be on cable (e.g. Netflix Originals, Amazon Originals, Max Originals, Apple Originals, Disney+ Originals, etc.).
That’s what we do now. We are able get the various Apps for the Networks that we watch for not much more than YTTV charges and you get a lot more. I still love my TiVo but I must admit we are using it more as a backup system now for when the Internet is down these days.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts