TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using TD 2.5 and love the ability to play back DivX/AVI files. I have many files in the TiVo Recordings folder, and when I display my PC from the NP list, there is a significant delay as it gets all the files from the nested subdirectories and piles them all into a single listing.

This is not only slow, but difficult to navigate.

Is there a setting to display the folders on the PC?

Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't that, you know, kinda suck? Do you think it would be hard to implement folder structure? Seems almost like an oversight to me. I was hoping I was missing something...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
andyw715 said:
are you using the Galleon go back plug-in?

one thing i noticed that separate folders video files works best. i.e. each movie has its own separate folder (not subfolder of MyTivoRecordings).

It also seems to load up the NP list faster too.
I was, but I dumped Galleon (which I loved) in favor of JRiver Media Center, due to some network issues. I miss some of the Galleon features, but my music now streams error-free, something that was plaguing me for months with it.

I was really excited about the divx playback with TD, but this implementation is silly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.