TiVo Community Forum banner
261 - 280 of 449 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,371 Posts
Is the rule that he can interact with objects based on the fact that he's the most recent death? Maybe that ability fades over time?
We have no reason to think that. Each ghost has some weird ability (or maybe some of them do). That just happens to be his.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
They all have some way to interact (shown again in the last episode).
In the UK version, some made sense, i.e., the Ghost who was burned at the stake gave a burning smell if someone walked through her.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
They all have some way to interact (shown again in the last episode).
In the UK version, some made sense, i.e., the Ghost who was burned at the stake gave a burning smell if someone walked through her.
The abilities we've seen on the US show tend to make sense for the character too.
  • Alberta's singing can be heard by the living... She was a singer when she was alive.
  • When people pass through Isaac, it smells like farts... He died of dysentery.
  • When people pass through Flower, it makes them temporarily high... She was stoned when she was mauled by a bear.
  • Thorfinn can make lights flicker... He was killed by a lightning strike.
Trevor's ability to touch things is the only ghostly ability that doesn't seemingly directly relate to the nature of the person's life/death.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Trevor had his pants off, so maybe he was touching himself when he died. :D
I don't think he was just touching himself. I believe he died in the middle of having sex. I don't think they've specifically confirmed that yet, but it's been implied, also it's lines up with the equivalent character on the UK show.

I was thinking that could be the reason for his power since he was "touching" someone who was alive when he died.

·
All About Footwork
31,942 Posts
I don't think he was just touching himself. I believe he died in the middle of having sex. I don't think they've specifically confirmed that yet, but it's been implied, also it's lines up with the equivalent character on the UK show.

I was thinking that could be the reason for his power since he was "touching" someone who was alive when he died.
soooo many jokes here that would get me banned from TCF...

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,733 Posts
One problem with the Jan. 20 episode. No explanation was given for the ghostproof safe. If you're going to create a world with certain rules, you should not break a rule just because the plot needs it broken. In this case, why couldn't the ghost in the safe simply walk out, and why couldn't a ghost walk in.

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
One problem with the Jan. 20 episode. No explanation was given for the ghostproof safe. If you're going to create a world with certain rules, you should not break a rule just because the plot needs it broken. In this case, why couldn't the ghost in the safe simply walk out, and why couldn't a ghost walk in.
Why? This is a sitcom not a sci fi film. They even made fun of it via Jay’s commentary. It is what it is. They never said ghosts can go through everything so they didn’t break any rules. You actually needed to know the makeup of the door?

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,733 Posts
Why? This is a sitcom not a sci fi film. They even made fun of it via Jay’s commentary. It is what it is. They never said ghosts can go through everything so they didn’t break any rules. You actually needed to know the makeup of the door?
It didn't have to be what the door is made of. Maybe a curse was put on it by whoever trapped the body in it. Just have some explanation.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I wondered how they were going to get rid of the new ghost. I loved how telling him to GTH actually resulted in him GTH. And then when she tried it on Trevor I was cracking up. Very fun episode.
I didn't want him to stay around, but he couldn't leave the property. But I remembered moving on is the only way to get rid of a ghost. And this man was not moving on to "the good place", obviously.

261 - 280 of 449 Posts