TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
The Viking was a good idea. The hippie chick as well, but I don’t recall any outdoor concerts (ala Woodstock) in Long Island (and are there even bears in LI?)

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Not sure. There is a Facebook group of Long Island bear hunters who claim there are about 250 of them. Not exactly a scholarly reference.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The Viking was a good idea. The hippie chick as well, but I don't recall any outdoor concerts (ala Woodstock) in Long Island (and are there even bears in LI?)
For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY and not LI. I don't recall why I think that but I also don't recall any mentions of LI, either.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY and not LI. I don't recall why I think that but I also don't recall any mentions of LI, either.
IIRC, It was when she inherited the property in e1.
…but could be wrong, I need to go back and check.

…so, in the opening, Trevor, the yuppie was telling a story of a party at Montauk LI, which is why I thought they were in LI.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
That's what I thought as well. And there are old mansions like that in the Hudson Valley area (famously FDR's Hyde Park). Definitely bears in that area and, well, Woodstock took place 120 or so miles from NYC, so it could be in the vicinity of the mansion.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Pushing the stop button doesn't turn off auto-play. It does keep it from auto-playing the next one, but I want to turn it off.
I think you're still talking about the HBO Max app. If so, there's no way to turn off auto-play. It's my chief complaint with the app. They haven't had much interest in changing it either. Very annoying.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
I think you're still talking about the HBO Max app. If so, there's no way to turn off auto-play. It's my chief complaint with the app. They haven't had much interest in changing it either. Very annoying.
Is that a Roku thing or an app thing? is it the same on other platforms?

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
I am, and it is.

Back on thread... the more episodes I watch of UKG, the more I like it (still not a fan of doofus). The ghosts are wittier. I love the facial expressions on Lady Button, even when she's in the background.

Reactions: tim1724

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
A very good episode. We haven't seen much of the downstairs ghosts but they're really funny in their own way. Pete's "girlfriend" wasn't exactly likable but still enjoyable to watch.

Interesting how there were multiple ghosts in the restaurant and they all made a contribution.

I just knew Sam's mom wasn't going to transition just because she said some nice things. It was only when she clearly meant them that it happened. also, I was hoping Sam would get to have more visits.

That was nice what Hetty did at the end.

Headless ghost was the only one missing.

Also, I knew having the TV on wouldn't be enough since you can't have all the shows you want on one channel but I didn't think about sleep mode.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Good episode. Sam's mom Sheryl was played by Rachael Harris, who was Dr. Linda Martin on Lucifer.

Since Ghosts last aired, I've watched S1 & S2 of Ghosts-UK, and really come to love it. More than Ghosts-US. But this was a fun episode, with some really good moments. Still like the British ghosts more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Would have been funnier if it had been her dad, so waiter could have heard her say my father was just saying nice things hoping to get sucked off.

221 - 240 of 271 Posts