TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 220 of 271 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
I won't be watching any episodes again, but why isn't the marathon a full night event? Why does the bratty genius get to be on?
Probably because he's a lead-in. YS is a more popular show, with better numbers. So running it first, even a repeat, will help to create more eyeballs for any show that follows.

Hopefully some new people will watch Ghosts, like it, and come back for new episodes.

Reactions: Family

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Saw some year end ratings lists (sorry, forgot the link) and Ghosts is the #2 sitcom for CBS, and far and away the highest rated of the new ones. B Positive was the lowest.

Reactions: H2ZX

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
I watched the pilot of the UK Ghosts. Not bad. It takes some getting used to the different ghosts. For example, I've come to expect what arrow-thru-neck guy will say, and obviously, the UK ATN guy isn't the same. I'm also less enamored with the UK male lead, although he's clearly a perfect mate for the female lead. But the show is funny. Of course, half of that is just listening to the British version of everyday sayings. "Making a right pig's ear of something"

Let me state for the record again, the HBO-MAX app on Roku may be the worst implementation of code I've ever seen.:mad::(

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,643 Posts
I watched the pilot of the UK Ghosts. Not bad. It takes some getting used to the different ghosts. For example, I've come to expect what arrow-thru-neck guy will say, and obviously, the UK ATN guy isn't the same. I'm also less enamored with the UK male lead, although he's clearly a perfect mate for the female lead. But the show is funny. Of course, half of that is just listening to the British version of everyday sayings. "Making a right pig's ear of something"

Let me state for the record again, the HBO-MAX app on Roku may be the worst implementation of code I've ever seen.:mad::(
How so? I have no issues with it

·
Registered
2,866 Posts

Interesting. I watched all 3 seasons of the UK version and I like the husband much more than the US one. While also a bit of a fool, he's more natural in his portrayal while the US guy seems forced in a way and just disconnected.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Interesting. I watched all 3 seasons of the UK version and I like the husband much more than the US one. While also a bit of a fool, he's more natural in his portrayal while the US guy seems forced in a way and just disconnected.
Maybe he'll grow on me. I just found him to be a bit more doofus than I cared for. But as is often the case with sitcom characters, they can grow on you.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I find the US husband too “cheery”… maybe it’s the way his voice rises.
Anyway, I really like both the UK and the US Ghosts, and good to see that CBS has already renewed it.

…and really hate S2 of B-Positive. I hope CBS kills it soon.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,643 Posts
I find the US husband too "cheery"… maybe it's the way his voice rises.
Anyway, I really like both the UK and the US Ghosts, and good to see that CBS has already renewed it.

…and really hate S2 of B-Positive. I hope CBS kills it soon.
I've only seen the first episode of the UK version and the obvious thing that struck me is that the hubby is gung ho to move there (and probably due to their apartment plight), while in the US version he's very hesitant.

As for B-Positive, I agree. It's not the show that it started out to be, and I mostly watched because I liked the lead actor in Silicon Valley. Now that his story has been marginalized and it's now a boiler plate "cute and sassy old fogeys" show, I'm about to bow out. I'm just not really that interested.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Watched a few more eps tonight. I think I like the UK version more than "ours". The ghosts are funnier. Still not a fan of the husband. Just too doofus for me. It's amazing how many of our story lines were literally ripped from the UK episodes.

How so? I have no issues with it
Also, how do you turn off Auto-play?

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,643 Posts
Watched a few more eps tonight. I think I like the UK version more than "ours". The ghosts are funnier. Still not a fan of the husband. Just too doofus for me. It's amazing how many of our story lines were literally ripped from the UK episodes.

Also, how do you turn off Auto-play?
Push the stop button? I guess I haven't played around much with it to find these flaws, but, is the interface better on other platforms? I have TiVo Stream and a Firestick as well.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Push the stop button? I guess I haven't played around much with it to find these flaws, but, is the interface better on other platforms? I have TiVo Stream and a Firestick as well.
Pushing the stop button doesn't turn off auto-play. It does keep it from auto-playing the next one, but I want to turn it off.

Using the UK scripts is usually done to see if the show is accepted in the US.
I guess it worked. Ghosts-USA is a hit (well, what the networks call a hit these days).

I wonder what made them change certain characters. Who in the writers room said, "Sure, everyone loves Robin the caveman, but what if he was a Viking? Eh, anyone?"

·
I am Groot!
61,660 Posts
I wonder what made them change certain characters. Who in the writers room said, "Sure, everyone loves Robin the caveman, but what if he was a Viking? Eh, anyone?"
Well, that's kinda necessity. There were no cavemen in the US (humans only arrived here later).

201 - 220 of 271 Posts