TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hello Jon
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought a tivo with a bad hard drive. I bought a brand new Maxtor 500Gb drive and installed a new image on the drive. Last night when I plugged it in it went through the welcome powering up screen, I got to the Just a few more minutes screen and that is when it kicked me out to the GSOD screen. I let it run all night but it's still rebooting itself. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do? It's a hughes sd-dvr40.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Smilez said:
Ok I bought a tivo with a bad hard drive. I bought a brand new Maxtor 500Gb drive and installed a new image on the drive. Last night when I plugged it in it went through the welcome powering up screen, I got to the Just a few more minutes screen and that is when it kicked me out to the GSOD screen. I let it run all night but it's still rebooting itself. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do? It's a hughes sd-dvr40.
Whose Image did you use? Was it the image for the Hughes SD - DVR40? What Version? Was it 6.2a? :confused:

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Smilez said:
No, installed image 6.2.
I have installed 6.2a from DVRupgrade and It worked fine. I suggest if the SD-DVR40 image is not for or from a Hughes machine you order the correct image. If the image is correct then I would run the manufacturers test disk and make sure the drive is ok. I have installed a Maxtor 500GB on my RCA with the RCA image from DVRupgrade. It works great and auto-upgraded to 6.3e and is still running without any errors. Don't forget to change the 2032 battery just in case. They should be changed every 3 years just to be safe. Remember if you just bought the drive you usually have 30 days to return if defective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.