TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
"After pondering what you wrote, I think I'm going to:
1) split the cable for two feeds
2) one feed to the 6412 for pure digital and HD - using hdmi to the tv
3) the second feed to the TiVo for SD on whatever channels the TiVo will recognize without a cablebox (2 to 80-something, I think) - using s-video to the tv"

I know this is sort of an old thread, but this is my issue EXACTLY, how to set up my new Plasma TV this weekend, trying to use my Tivo series 2 to at least record basic tv stations in non-HD. In the above prior post, I do not understand HOW this would work. How would the Tivo record the stations? It does not need to change stations on the cable box, it can tune them in on its own?

PS I will buy the Series 3 ASAP. Just won't tell my husband the PRICE. (He does not even understand how to use Tivo!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, I need to split the signal before the cable box. Because the cable box decides the channel, if signal is selected after the cable box. And I want the Tivo to record one thing while I watch another quite often......... So, it records away while I watch live TV. I MISS the cable guide, so I switch over to that input sometimes just to use it for channels under 100......

I want the Series 3 Tivo BAD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.