TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be doing something wrong. I got my TivoHD setup with the cable cards. Called Comcast and activated the cards. I seem to get the digital channels on the TivoHD but only the basic channels, but when I go upstairs my old TV gets all the higher level analog channels such as CNBC. What gives? Why can't I get these higher levle channles on my brand new TivoHD that my 10 year old analog TV has no trouble getting? :confused:

PS I have read quite a few posts, but I get confused on what exactly is digital and what is analog. Hey, at this point I'll take the channels any way I can get them as long as I get the channels. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in the Seattle area and unlike the rest of the country we can just walk into a Comcast office and ask for the cable cards. Yes I redid the guided setup. It just seems strange that I am able to get what I believe are the digital stations on the TivoHD (I even get the basic HD stations 102 through 11?) and on the old TV upstairs I get what I believe are all the non-digital stations (2 through 99).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry help me out with how to....
"Have you checked the Conditional Access screen on cablecard setting menu to see that they are properly authorized?"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I am trying to ask is why is my Old TV getting the extended channels and my TivoHD is not getting those extended channels.

TivoHD - Recieves only the basic package that I down graded to when I went and picked up the Cable Cards from Comcast. But I also get the 100's series basic stations in HD. I don't get all the extra channels such as ESPN, CNBC, FX, TNTHD, MTV and such

TV upstairs in the Bedroom - This TV is recieving all the stations it always has. Since it is not HD don't know about that, but it is getting non-HD ESPN, CNBC, FX, MTV channels. The TivoHD is not getting any of these channels.

Of course after searching and searching and not being able to find what I am looking for I start this thread and then shortly there after I find this thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5425722#post5425722

It does not answer my questions, but it does a much better job of describing my situation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As described in the above post I think this is what is happening. Thanks for all the help. I guess I can feed the analog directly into the TV downstairs and use one input to watch analog and one input to watch the tivoHD, but I won't be able to record it. :mad:

I have already searched to see if I can pop one of the cable cards and get digital through cable card on one tuner and then analog on another and from what I am reading that is not possible. I'll probably play around with it, but I don't have my hopes up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.