TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really a stupid question, but I'm a very indecisive person. Right now, I have a M-Card in my S3 (long story why I only have one CC) and with the fall season coming, I am debating whether or not to break down, pay the $50 and get the second installed before the fall season. My only reason for not doing this would be an update to the S# that gives it M-Card support. My understanding is that no one knows when the next S3 update will come out and if it will even have this feature (if I'm wrong, please let me know). Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
Dr_Diablo said:
The reason you want a second Multi-Stream card is?
The S3 only has S-Card support, so an M-Card is single tuner in an S3. In other words, right now he only has a single tuner Series 3 TiVo, and needs a second card to get dual tuner functionality.

To me it's a no-brainer - paying that much for a single tuner Series 3 makes little sense. I'd rather drop channels and have dual tuner.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr_Diablo said:
The reason you want a second Multi-Stream card is?
Sorry! I wasn't clear. :eek: My choice is to get a second, single stream CC for dual tuner functionality or wait for an unknown upgrade that enables M-Card support for dual tuner functionality.

MikeS- I think you're right. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get that second card. If I have to return it soon, so be it. I just hate paying Comcast those fees.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
The Fall software update for the Series3 could add multistream support, but that update is not likely to come before late October, and it could come as late as November.

The new television season starts in less than three weeks. If you've only got one tuner, you'll miss a lot of episodes. I would get the second CableCard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.