TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, the email app is not receiving messages from my gmail account. Everything is configured correctly (POP3s) with a reload every 5 minutes.When I do receive a message, it will automatically delete it from the TIVO before being viewed. Any Ideas. I configured gmail to keep email in inbox but still the problem persists. I am not running any other email app (outlook,thunderbird etc) either.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I could never get the Gmail app to work properly. Great idea, though. Hopefully with the resurrected Galleon development things will get ironed out. I'll give it another go if I can ever get Ubuntu to complete installation on my ancient iMac.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What email server are u using ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
ajayabb said:
What email server are u using ?
I'm using mail.comcast.net. All of the sudden though it did start working again so I guess no problem. There is one thing though. Often my computer is working at 90 - 100% because of a java process running. I thought that because I had 2 gb of RAM I would never get to 90 - 100%. Someone said that I may have a bad shell file. What does that mean and how can I fix this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have been unable to use galleon to read my gmail messages.

Please see this post for complete details of the problem that I am having.

Does anyone who has gotten it working know what I might be doing incorrectly?

Thanks for your assistance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts