TiVo Community Forum banner

1 - 1 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined the forum just a few minutes ago, principally to say a great big public “Thanks” to Gary for his list of supported STBs and the myriad other gems that he’s responsible for – the reason for my jubilation will become clear shortly!

Reading some of the posts, it looks as if others are going through exactly the same loop as me with Freeview boxes and a Series 1 TiVo so I thought I’d feed back in to the forum the revelation that befell me tonight!

Like qIroS I considered buying the Philips thingy at Tescos and various others at other stores that look pretty much the same (but not exactly the same!) as the ones that Gary listed. I’ve had my fingers burnt before with stuff that looks ‘pretty much the same’ so I didn’t do it. Instead I went through Gary’s list model by model alphabetically, store by store painfully, until I got to Wharfedale; it just had to be ‘W’ didn’t it?! Result though!!! Argos have the exact model in stock at a penny short of £25, picked one up on the way home from work and an hour later I had a fully functioning wide screen Freeview TiVo. Hope the Philips one works too qIroS. If so perhaps Gary could add it to the list.

1 - 1 of 12 Posts