TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well this is the first time I've used Unbox and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It's obviously not HD but the quality was still fairly crisp, sound was good and the show (Chuck) was actually quite good. But going back to quality I'm not disappointed at all as it seems better than some of the stuff I watch in SD. Now if only they could get rid of the download lag and have immediate playback it'd be really good. (And HD, of course.)

·
Premium Member
46,022 Posts
control-z said:
Entering the Amacon.com login and Tivo password was a PITA (can't we use the WiiMote on the Tivo yet?), but overall a smooth experience. My Internet connection sucks, but I'll see how long it takes.
I did it from my computer, not my Tivo.

In fact, I did it when I wasn't even at home.

·
Love My TiVo!
213 Posts
mrjam2jab said:
why do i need to setup digital payment for a free download>
Most probably because this is a "teaser" to get people using Unbox. It looks like everyone's a winner here: 1) NBC sticks it to Apple and gets people interested in their upcoming shows, 2) we get free shows early, 3) Amazon gets people to sign up for and try Unbox thereby breaking through the "first-time" barrier, and 4) TiVo (might) get new subscribers since this is a TiVo-only activity.

·
Registered
163 Posts
control-z said:
Entering the Amacon.com login and Tivo password was a PITA (can't we use the WiiMote on the Tivo yet?), but overall a smooth experience. My Internet connection sucks, but I'll see how long it takes.
Once you set up Unbox on your Tivo the first time, all you have to enter is a 5 digit PIN when you want to buy something, and you do that from your remote. It couldn't be simpler.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.