TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few other thread I saw some mentions of a link to where DTV is offering a DVR for shipping fees only. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anybody know the link?

Thanks in advance, Jim

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much.

This was strange. When I read your reply, I was sitting in the exact position as you are in your avatar! Spooky stuff!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about getting the $14.95 DVR so the wife can record the stupid soap operas and watch them in the bedroom. This will free up the big screen in the living room for "real" programs. :)

If I add a DVR where an existing (non DVR) receiver is andn don't run a second line to that box, she can still record a program during the day and watch it later that night right?

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jim Abbett said:
Thinking about getting the $14.95 DVR so the wife can record the stupid soap operas and watch them in the bedroom. This will free up the big screen in the living room for "real" programs. :)

If I add a DVR where an existing (non DVR) receiver is andn don't run a second line to that box, she can still record a program during the day and watch it later that night right?

Thanks, Jim
Correct.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I took them up on the offer. The installer showed up yesterday with a brand new R15 and not a refurb unit. Last night about 7 pm, fed ex dropped off a refurb 40 hour tivo. Now I have an extra tivo. I called them up and asked what I should do with the extra box, they said keep it at no charge. I made sure they noted that on my account so that they don't charge me later. Hows that for a screw up that actually works in my favor?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Got mine, now I am jealous. It was primarily to teach my wife about TiVo.

It is a refurb SD-DVR40. Came with 3.1.1. Second day I forced a daily call and it downloaded 6.2.

Now her free, obsolete TiVo is much faster than my $1,100 HR10-250.

Is there no justice?

·
Banned
2,635 Posts
I ordered one online last night. It specifically says "DirecTV DVR (with TiVo service), so it'll be interesting to see what arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts