TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,533 Posts
I was always a Frazier fan but I'm not on board with them reprising all these old sitcoms (I'm not a fan of them redoing old movies either). I think though with this happening with a few old shows now, I think that the power of the Baby Boomers as a viable market for advertisers is being realized. Especially for traditional networks (but we've seen a few of these on Netflix too). Are they just finding that boomers have a lot of disposable income and are NOT the same as previous generations, set in their ways, brand loyalty and all that.

With that said, I think a lot of this will depend on how well Murphy Brown does.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,533 Posts
I loved the show and still watch on Netflix, but it was pretty weak at the end, IMO. Plus, I was not a fan of Niles and Daphne together. I think they had way more chemistry apart than they did together.

I'd like to see it as Frasier's third act, as Grammer has mentioned a few times. Not in Seattle. Not with Niles and Daphne around. Something new.
Frasier retires for Florida, and put in a retirement community with Cliff, Norm, Carla, Niles, Roz, and the sports guy (I want to say Mad Dog, but I don't think that's right). Let the antics begin!

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,533 Posts
Oh great. Yet another streaming service. I kind of don't get this. Wouldn't they want MORE viewers?

I had looked forward to this, but oh well.
In one of the threads people have been listing the streaming services they have. I'd say the majority of folks have at least 5. And there are going to be more and more and more of them coming (BTW, I wonder how long it will be before Disney renames Hulu to ABC+ or something similar since they have a majority stake in it?) Over time we'll have so many that, well, it's going to wind up costing us as much as cable unless you are diligent in your planning and scheduling those that don't have enough content for year round service. And that list will dwindle too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts