TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,163 Posts
moyekj said:
Seems like a convoluted mess for what should be a simple macro. You mean the Harmony remotes don't support ordinary macros? That's crazy given the price.
I must agree. My "ugly" MX-500 can handle that easy as pie. (I say ugly since that's what some people in this forum think. I like it, which is all that matters.) :p

http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Teeps said:
30 second skip is a parameter set in the TiVo, not the remote. You just need to program the TiVo remote skip button function to one of the hard buttons on the harmony remote.

I use the chapter skip ahead/back buttons, on my 520.
The OP is taking about PROGRAMMING the S-P-S-3-0-S.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Bierboy said:
yeah, but what he's doing IS a convoluted mess. He's basically programming and "unprogramming" the 30 second skip every time he starts and stops his TiVo watching activity. It's a waste of time and energy. It's very easy to reprogram it any time your TiVo has rebooted (which certainly shouldn't be very often). Folks who complain about being "unable" to do so with their universal remote only need to retrieve their TiVo remote to do it.
True. You are right. I have to admit I have never had a need to program the SPS code in a macro. It is pretty rare that I have to reboot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.