TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All boxes are cable, lifetime service in good operating and cosmetic condition from non-smoking home. Each unit comes with appropriate power supply and remote from smoke-free home

ROMIO PRO 3 TB 6 tuner PLS-$185+shipping

PREMIER XL-4 500 GB 4 tuner PLS $85+shipping

Also have several remotes and wireless G and N dongles that I will consider including with units above. If interested in remotes or dongles separately, make me an offer

$250+shipping for everything

Questions/realistic offers welcome.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
All boxes are lifetime service in good operating and cosmetic condition from non-smoking home. Each unit comes with appropriate power supply and appropriate remote. All prices include shipping withing the continental United States-PayPal preferred.

Bolt Vox 3 TB 6 tuner PLS-$275

Romio Pro 3 TB 6 tuner PLS-$235

Romio 500 GB 4 tuner PLS-$165

Premiere XL-4 500 GB 4 tuner PLS $150

Questions/realistic offers welcome.
Nice prices considering shipping included and no tax. Especially the 500GB Roamio, if that doesn't sell within a day I'd be surprised ;) Watch out with paypal, I hear they do a 1099 when you go over $600 received in a year now, used to be like 20K and 200 transactions. Pretty much all online payments get a 1099 over $600 in year now from what I've read, a new gov thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice prices considering shipping included and no tax. Especially the 500GB Roamio, if that doesn't sell within a day I'd be surprised ;) Watch out with paypal, I hear they do a 1099 when you go over $600 received in a year now, used to be like 20K and 200 transactions. Pretty much all online payments get a 1099 over $600 in year now from what I've read, a new gov thing.
1099 is likely not an issue since OP likely paid more than their sale price so no taxable gain.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
1099 is likely not an issue since OP likely paid more than their sale price so no taxable gain.
Yes, but it's the fact 1099s even get issued now if you take in $600 in a year. Whether you owe anything or not. A ridiculous invasion of privacy, have to provide proof of what you paid, for piddly things over the years, can get a 1099 if you take online payments for a garage sale. Used to be 200 transactions AND 20K in a year, now $600 and one transaction? Who the heck saves receipts for everything they've bought over decades? If no receipt probably have to pay taxes on full amount of sales. For $600?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, but it's the fact 1099s even get issued now if you take in $600 in a year. Whether you owe anything or not. A ridiculous invasion of privacy, have to provide proof of what you paid, for piddly things over the years, can get a 1099 if you take online payments for a garage sale. Used to be 200 transactions AND 20K in a year, now $600 and one transaction? Who the heck saves receipts for everything they've bought over decades? If no receipt probably have to pay taxes on full amount of sales. For $600?
Yes, it SUCKS that PayPal and other payment platforms send these 1099 forms. But the situation is not quite as dire as described. Where I live (in Massachusetts) PayPal was required to send sellers these forms for several years before they were sending them to sellers elsewhere. All I have to do when filing my taxes every year is fill out an IRS form (essentially a small business profit/loss statement) where I declare my business "selling used personal items" made $0 profit. I have never been asked to provide proof of what I paid for any items I sold. That's likely the case for anyone, as long as you don't try to declare a business loss that would result in a tax deduction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts