TiVo Community Forum banner
641 - 660 of 720 Posts

·
Now with flavor!
2,222 Posts
Entirely possible. It's not as if we have radar coverage beyond low earth orbit. And telescopes aren't great at picking up small moving objects.

But from a plausibility scale- I remember screaming F** *** out loud when I saw that final reveal.

Reactions: dianebrat

·
All About Footwork
32,142 Posts
5 months of trying to configure the Helios spacesuit to fit a pregnant woman and nobody thought "hey, let's use those other spacesuits that work!"?

plus, that was the worst-looking fake rubber pregnant tummy I've ever seen in my life.

·
Meh.
42,833 Posts
RIP to President Wilson's presidency
I have a sneaky suspicion that both she and Margo will somehow miraculously survive.

Danny is the worst. His fake outrage over the other guy getting blamed for the disaster had me cussing him out from my couch (again).

·
I am Groot!
63,798 Posts
Danny is the worst. His fake outrage over the other guy getting blamed for the disaster had me cussing him out from my couch (again).
I'm not sure it was fake...I think it might be genuine, and his usual self-destructive streak at play. Because he'd certainly be better off personally just going along with it...but his erratic behavior is just going to call more attention to him.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The North Koreans sent a man on a one way trip to Mars in a disguised probe. I don't think there would be very many volunteers, but I think they could get a "criminal" to go if they were promised things would go better for their family.

Mars is North Korea's Australia.

·
I am Groot!
63,798 Posts
The North Koreans sent a man on a one way trip to Mars in a disguised probe. I don't think there would be very many volunteers, but I think they could get a "criminal" to go if they were promised things would go better for their family.

Mars is North Korea's Australia.
He wouldn't last long, though, on what could be carried in a probe.

Like, days? If he could even survive the trip to Mars in the first place, which now that I think of it is pretty unlikely...

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,473 Posts
OT, but Wrenn Schmidt is in the new(ish) movie NOPE and does a great job! I almost screamed, "MARGO!" when I saw her on the screen. Nice to see her getting more work. She is a terrific actress!

·
All About Footwork
32,142 Posts

Like, days? If he could even survive the trip to Mars in the first place, which now that I think of it is pretty unlikely...
Hell, how did he survive the landing?! ;)

Reactions: Rob Helmerichs

·
Registered
3,958 Posts

The trip to get to Mars takes 9 months. If they could provide consumables for the trip, one would think they could provide for an extended stay, at least until the rest of the armada arrived. One could speculate that the intent was to arrive first and announce a propaganda victory, that that was probably thwarted by the crash of their Mars lander. I guess we'll see next week.

I was impressed that the North Korean packed some heat on his Martian trip.
In our timeline, the Soviets carried some form of survival arm in their capsules, at least in the early days. Among other reasons, Russians had a not unreasonable fear that bears might be a problem if there were to be a delay in getting to the landing site.

·
I am Groot!
63,798 Posts
The trip to get to Mars takes 9 months. If they could provide consumables for the trip, one would think they could provide for an extended stay, at least until the rest of the armada arrived. One could speculate that the intent was to arrive first and announce a propaganda victory, that that was probably thwarted by the crash of their Mars lander. I guess we'll see next week.
On a probe?

·
Excellent.
23,617 Posts
I'm not sure it was fake...I think it might be genuine, and his usual self-destructive streak at play. Because he'd certainly be better off personally just going along with it...but his erratic behavior is just going to call more attention to him.
Definitely genuine. It was just in the last episode that he confessed his shame to Ed about Shane getting blamed for stuff that was Danny’s fault, and here it is happening again.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,387 Posts
Binged this season over the last couple of weeks. It's still "fun" if you don't look too closely at the plausibility or logic behind ANY of this. I have hated the soap opera aspects of the series and it looked like it might be clamped down for a couple of episodes, but got too ramped up after that. So much "unnecessary" soap opera plots. And I also got the feeling after awhile, that since they "made up" the timeline, interspersed with factual events, that pretty much ANYTHING could go. I find it implausible for example that Margo could be compromised for THAT long without anyone noticing. The Danny and Jimmy stuff was ridiculous.

·
Liberal Elitist
3,575 Posts
The only "soap opera plot" that bothers me at all is the baby. If your show is not specifically about babies or, slightly more broadly, if it is not specifically a show about raising a family, then adding a baby plotline to the show is NOT A GOOD IDEA.

If I were ever in charge of a writers' room this would be on a giant sign on every wall in the room.

641 - 660 of 720 Posts