TiVo Community Forum banner
561 - 580 of 763 Posts

·
Incognito
4,271 Posts
Meh to S3E6,

I mean it had about 5 minutes of interesting material but was for the most part nothing that couldn’t have been included in another episode. Typical mid season stretching it episode.

edit: this explains it well

·
Meh.
40,841 Posts
Got caught up...

Margo should eventually be toast but my guess is that the writers will pull some oddball plot point out of their armpits and she will not only not be exposed but she'll somehow gain from her treason.

I hate everything about the Danny/Karen subplot. I hope Danny becomes the first dead human on Mars and I hope it happens soon.

The horrible wig on the female news anchor cracks me up every time.

The makeup artists did a good job of ageing Karen/Shantel VanSanten

·
Meh.
40,841 Posts
Kelly is totally getting pregnant on Mars. I think there may be enough time left that the baby would be born on Mars too
That seems logical. There's been a good bit of personal drama on the show so far but that just seems like a ratings grab attempt to me. I like the show but I'm not sure I'll want to stick around for the soap opera angst the show will turn to if/when that happens.

·
All About Footwork
29,791 Posts
Got caught up...

Margo should eventually be toast but my guess is that the writers will pull some oddball plot point out of their armpits and she will not only not be exposed but she'll somehow gain from her treason.
I think they're setting up exactly that by showing the importance of the information she is getting from the other side.

Changing topics: I so hate these sex scenes where the only possible outcome is a concussion. Who the heck has sex like that?! especially if you're trying to be secretive about it...yeah, let's slam each other against the walls...that's so hot!

·
Meh.
40,841 Posts
A question about military rankings. Ed has been referred to as an admiral but he worked for NASA for umpteen years. Was he still in the navy in order to get promoted to the rank of admiral? Do you have to be in command of a group of people to be an admiral? Is it one of those titles that you seemingly get for life once you attain it like "mayor" or "judge" etc.. even though you haven't done it in decades?

·
Now with flavor!
2,258 Posts
Kelly is totally getting pregnant on Mars. I think there may be enough time left that the baby would be born on Mars too
The baby thing really bugs me. Definitely more soap opera than space opera- which is getting tougher to tolerate.

I hope the show addresses the scientific questions a pregnancy off-earth would raise. What does 1/3 gravity do to fetal development? Does the exposure to cosmic radiation exposure impact the pregnancy? If it happened at Jamestown, they'd send the astro-mom straight home. Would they attempt that with Kelly?

But I'm also wondering if we're jumping another decade in season 4. We have four eps left in this season, doesn't seem like enough time to complete the story of Mars and back- unless they bum-rush the rest of it in the next four episodes.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
A question about military rankings. Ed has been referred to as an admiral but he worked for NASA for umpteen years. Was he still in the navy in order to get promoted to the rank of admiral? Do you have to be in command of a group of people to be an admiral? Is it one of those titles that you seemingly get for life once you attain it like "mayor" or "judge" etc.. even though you haven't done it in decades?
From Active Military Applicants | NASA is says "If selected, military personnel are detailed to NASA for a selected period of time." so it seems they remain in their military branch while with NASA.

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
42,667 Posts
In our world, Military people in the Astronaut Corps are generally in detached duty, so they are still active duty.

And back in the day, your first space flight generally resulted in a promotion, at least until hitting Captain/Commander. Even then, some oddness, like Apollo 12 (All three were Commanders for the mission, with Conrad and Gordon had already been promoted from their earlier flights. Bean would have been promoted automatically to Captain, and they thought it was weird that just the rookie would get a promotion, so all three became Captains after the flight)

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
From Active Military Applicants | NASA is says "If selected, military personnel are detailed to NASA for a selected period of time." so it seems they remain in their military branch while with NASA.
And don't forget that Will (the gay astronaut) was still active-duty Army, which is why his coming out created such a firestorm.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
The baby thing really bugs me. Definitely more soap opera than space opera- which is getting tougher to tolerate.

I hope the show addresses the scientific questions a pregnancy off-earth would raise. What does 1/3 gravity do to fetal development? Does the exposure to cosmic radiation exposure impact the pregnancy? If it happened at Jamestown, they'd send the astro-mom straight home. Would they attempt that with Kelly?

But I'm also wondering if we're jumping another decade in season 4. We have four eps left in this season, doesn't seem like enough time to complete the story of Mars and back- unless they bum-rush the rest of it in the next four episodes.
I was commenting to someone recently how this show keeps getting better. That was before the melodrama with Danny escalated and the new relationship with Kelly. An end to these ASAP would be appreciated!

If there is a baby it would be the first Martian. Havoc and hilarity ensue back on Earth with standardized forms, starting with the birth certificate! :LOL:

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
I don't know. Phoenix has been described as a floating hotel so it wouldn't surprise me if it probably miraculously has all the equipment and research already on board for a Martian pregnancy.
I just don't see that long of a timejump this season. Maybe next year Kelly's baby will be in the Astronaut program lol

·
Meh.
40,841 Posts
I just don't see that long of a timejump this season. Maybe next year Kelly's baby will be in the Astronaut program lol
I didn't necessarily mean this season but I can se it coming along with the drama over whether it gets an American or Russian citizenship or some newly invented Martian citizenship.

Maybe, in a future season, Margo might finally get some.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well, launch windows only open every 2 years.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Been busy so I haven't been able to be more active.

NASA Mars:
  1. It seems like the rush job to get the habitat modules to Mars is leading to less than ideal or even enjoyable conditions. The CO2 scrubbers Ed brought was a very nice gesture, if not a life saving one if they don't get the ones they have online, and they still have a larger crew than the mission was designed for. It was an interesting image of Ed in his modern commercial suit and the NASA / Soviet suits have not really evolved.
  2. The Soviets are still out for themselves even if NASA did save their collective hides
  3. IF Kelly does get pregnant and carries the pregnancy to term, she will be the mother to the first living soul not born on Terra. Added Drama as the Soviets will want to capitalize and claim that it is the first citizen of the Soviet Union born on Mars.
  4. I am worried that we will find out Will opened his visor on Mars and committed suicide. What I am hoping for is that there will be sufficient supplies to maintain the NASA base and he seeks asylum on Mars.
  5. I'm wondering if the first Martian Thanksgiving went over like the first one on Earth?
Helios Mars:
  1. Danny continues to violate Eds trust and continue to listen in on his communications with Karen. Did we find out if Ed and his 3rd wife were not a thing anymore?
Helios Earth:
  1. Karen still shows her business acumen in negotiating the rights to the liquid water. Lets see if the Soviets will live up tho their end.
NASA Earth:
  1. There is a train running down the tracks and its headed directly for Margo. Aledia will not be happy when she finds out that Margo has not been straight with her.
Will be interesting to see how the story unfolds for the remainder of the season.

561 - 580 of 763 Posts