461 - 480 of 763 Posts

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,687 Posts

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I should be an executive producer. I absolutely would've had him bring the wrong wrench size!

Reactions: kaszeta

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,687 Posts
S3E1 spoilers begin here...

I contend that, in a timeline in which Gary Hart was a two-term president beginning in 1985, nuclear fusion had begun replacing fossil fuels in many uses, and widescreen flat TVs had become commonplace by 1992, not to mention the Apple Newton being released at least a year and a half "early"...
Early adoption of flatscreens, but they never invented the Sta-Tab can top...

·
Now with flavor!
2,245 Posts
I honestly think the showrunners are trolling us. KD has generated more chatter than anything else from S2. It's forcing the "human interpersonal drama" over the "space drama."

Honestly, we had a Cuban Missie Crisis on the Moon. And KD was all that anyone could talk about at season's end.

·
Now with flavor!
2,245 Posts
I still dig RDM. That dawn on the moon scene from S2E1: "Every Little Thing" was cribbed from of his DS9 episodes.

But it's obvious that sci-fi is no longer his primary genre. Maybe that's the almost decade of Outlander peeking out.

KD=Karen Danny

·
Now with flavor!
2,245 Posts
This show angers up my blood. I've always been on the fence about Ed Baldwin- but "Game Changer" nudged me into the anti-Ed party.

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Man, Ed is such a jealous man-baby! I wonder if he will still bring Kelly along...(my theory was that Kelly was the first person on Mars-pure speculation, so I am not spoilerizing)....but geez---yeah, the "Hi, Bob" club has been disbanded for life, I think... how sad!
And what is to become of Molly Cobb?

·
I am Groot!
64,361 Posts
The thing is, Molly's thinking seemed exactly correct to me...for the first ten minutes on Mars you want a test pilot; for the next ten years you want somebody more well-rounded who can shepherd a colony through its first stages.

That said, yes, Ed did not exactly handle the situation very well. Then again, neither did Margo. You don't put somebody in charge of making flight assignments and then fire them for making flight assignments. Then again, neither did Molly. Making a decision you know the boss won't like when the boss is out of town is kind of...cowardly. She should have forced the issue to her face.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The thing is, Molly's thinking seemed exactly correct to me...for the first ten minutes on Mars you want a test pilot; for the next ten years you want somebody more well-rounded who can shepherd a colony through its first stages.

That said, yes, Ed did not exactly handle the situation very well. Then again, neither did Margo. You don't put somebody in charge of making flight assignments and then fire them for making flight assignments. Then again, neither did Molly. Making a decision you know the boss won't like when the boss is out of town is kind of...cowardly. She should have forced the issue to her face.
I don't get what Margo was upset about. She berated Molly for not making a decision and then fired her for making it. The fact that she was out of town is irrelevant to me. All Margo wanted during the argument with Molly is that she (Molly) had not yet decided and to get the show on the road already.

·
Now with flavor!
2,245 Posts
That said, yes, Ed did not exactly handle the situation very well. Then again, neither did Margo. You don't put somebody in charge of making flight assignments and then fire them for making flight assignments.
The last astronaut office head put a raging alcoholic suffering from PTSD back in the rotation just to get a best friend out of his funk. You better believe Margo noticed that. "let's just hope he's sober" wasn't a joke. And if there's patronage or nepotism or even just a "good ole boy" network at play- Margo was totally in line in firing Molly. Especially is she's refusing "nerd oversight" and made an assignment without it and while Margo was away.

Molly's mistake was not annoucing Ed to press. (like Deke did with the first wave of women astronauts, against Nixon's orders)

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The last astronaut office head put a raging alcoholic suffering from PTSD back in the rotation just to get a best friend out of his funk. You better believe Margo noticed that. "let's just hope he's sober" wasn't a joke. And if there's patronage or nepotism or even just a "good ole boy" network at play- Margo was totally in line in firing Molly. Especially is she's refusing "nerd oversight" and made an assignment without it and while Margo was away.

Molly's mistake was not annoucing Ed to press. (like Deke did with the first wave of women astronauts, against Nixon's orders)
Margo knew none of that when she fired Molly. She only knew that she picked Ed.

And Ed's list was always mentioned as a wish list subject to approval.

461 - 480 of 763 Posts