TiVo Community Forum banner
441 - 460 of 763 Posts

·
Now with flavor!
2,258 Posts
Nah, being pedantic about the difference between a season-all-at-once and weekly episodic releases is the very definition of quibbling.

Yes. I know there are still people genuinely angry about this. (not being able to bingewatch all at once and loathing weekly releases)

·
Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I’d like to be able to binge but if they released all at once I’d bet the revenues are going to be less. What I’ll try to do is let this and S3 of Ted get mostly aired and then just have 1 or 2 months subscribed

·
All About Footwork
29,795 Posts
Nah, being pedantic about the difference between a season-all-at-once and weekly episodic releases is the very definition of quibbling.

Yes. I know there are still people genuinely angry about this. (not being able to bingewatch all at once and loathing weekly releases)
Put me on the side of those who think it's not a minor quibble or being pedantic. For most shows, I will wait until all the episodes have dropped before watching. So clarifying the distinction here was welcomed by me and saved me the trouble of searching for the answer.

·
Excellent.
24,581 Posts
Apple only rarely releases entire seasons at once. Netflix is pretty much the only streamer still wedded to full-season release, and even there they are starting to play games like splitting the next Stranger Things season into two parts. Overall, one should assume that unless it’s a Netflix show, you’re not getting it all at once.

·
Premium Member
12,207 Posts
Apple only rarely releases entire seasons at once. Netflix is pretty much the only streamer still wedded to full-season release, and even there they are starting to play games like splitting the next Stranger Things season into two parts. Overall, one should assume that unless it’s a Netflix show, you’re not getting it all at once.
I like when a couple of episodes are dropped at once with a new series. I’ve noticed Apple TV+ and HBO doing this.

·
Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I like that as well -- as long as I have the time to watch them before new episodes start piling up!
I’m excited for s3…. We decided to resub for a whole year via the new offers from Costco….. $44.99

Reactions: cmontyburns

·
Nice to see you
9,687 Posts
S3E1 spoilers begin here...

I contend that, in a timeline in which Gary Hart was a two-term president beginning in 1985, nuclear fusion had begun replacing fossil fuels in many uses, and widescreen flat TVs had become commonplace by 1992, not to mention the Apple Newton being released at least a year and a half "early"...

...grunge rock (and Kurt Cobain's career) would not have developed in the same way it did in our timeline.

·
I am Groot!
58,123 Posts
Seems odd that gravity was up to over 1.5, and nobody (not even the astronauts) noticed anything was wrong.

I mean, I weigh 140ish, so that would be carrying around an extra 70 pounds. I think I would have noticed long before that.

It also seems odd that there wouldn't have been a whole lot of redundancies for a system as critical as that thruster.

I know this series thrives on manufactured drama, but I don't remember it feeling quite this manufactured in the past...

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
42,667 Posts
That was a very long burn for that thruster.

Just once I'd like to see some acknowledgement of the coriolis effects when moving up and down between the rim and the hub.
That was one thing I liked about Clarke’s Rendezvous with Rama: his discussion of Coriolis effects descending from the hub to the floor (and when throwing things down from the hub)

441 - 460 of 763 Posts