TiVo Community Forum banner
421 - 440 of 763 Posts

· Registered
2,783 Posts
Houston: what I found interesting is that Tracy's current husband didn't come off as anything but nice when Karen seemed to have a hesitation right before settling selling the bar (I'm hoping her lawyer was already there). I know it was mentioned in an earlier episode, but how much did she sell the bar for? Even in 1908's dollars was it enough to set her up for life? I was getting the sense that the Bar was hers and not theirs.

· Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Another reason I suspect Tracy is gone is that she realized space is where Ed wanted to be and she basically pushed him back into it and then once he was up there she was freaking out again so I am pretty sure she knows he is not meant for her.

· Registered
2,783 Posts
I believe it was $375,000.
Not enough for her to be set for life. Ok, speculation
Ok, lets add more poor choices, maybe Karen ends up with Tracy's widower?

Another reason I suspect Tracy is gone is that she realized space is where Ed wanted to be and she basically pushed him back into it and then once he was up there she was freaking out again so I am pretty sure she knows he is not meant for her.
Karen

· Registered
1,845 Posts
So I finally had a chance to finish this damned series. I liked it better than the 1st season, and the finale was great. I'll miss Tracy and Gordo. But they went out together which I found appropriate.

I thought the affair was handled okay, after all there's women who hook up with a younger man and even occasionally a family friend. Too not talk about it again is I think a sign of Karen's guilt and a way to prevent a lovestruck kid from building up hope it would be an ongoing thing.

I'm less enthused about Kelly's going off to find her birth father. Though I can understand it. The drive from Houston to Arlington (suburb of Dallas) is at least a 4 hour drive one way with no traffic, we've seen no evidence that Kelly drives, so for her to be gone all day like that was hard for me to believe.

I loved the Apollo-Soyuz handshake. Just what this show needed. I feel bad for Ellen, I wonder if she realized Pam stepped aside so Ellen could fulfill her destiny in politics.

With the 10 year jump for next season, I think the Margo/Sergey spy plot will be a moot point and maybe only mentioned.

Does anyone know how they got the voices for Reagan, etc... for those tv clips? Did they take real speeches and repurpose them, did they use deepfake tech? However they did it it was pretty well done.

· Notable Member
93,533 Posts
I got way behind on season two and finally got caught up last night.

What a final episode! So much going on. I'm really surprised the Soyuz/Apollo went ahead with all the stuff going down on the moon. Alternate reality/history in full effect there.

Whose boot do we see on Mars? American or Soviet? (I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in the "For All Mankind" universe, the Soviet Union is still a thing in 1995)

421 - 440 of 763 Posts