TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Nah, being pedantic about the difference between a season-all-at-once and weekly episodic releases is the very definition of quibbling.

Yes. I know there are still people genuinely angry about this. (not being able to bingewatch all at once and loathing weekly releases)
Put me on the side of those who think it's not a minor quibble or being pedantic. For most shows, I will wait until all the episodes have dropped before watching. So clarifying the distinction here was welcomed by me and saved me the trouble of searching for the answer.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I should be an executive producer. I absolutely would've had him bring the wrong wrench size!

Reactions: kaszeta

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The thing is, Molly's thinking seemed exactly correct to me...for the first ten minutes on Mars you want a test pilot; for the next ten years you want somebody more well-rounded who can shepherd a colony through its first stages.

That said, yes, Ed did not exactly handle the situation very well. Then again, neither did Margo. You don't put somebody in charge of making flight assignments and then fire them for making flight assignments. Then again, neither did Molly. Making a decision you know the boss won't like when the boss is out of town is kind of...cowardly. She should have forced the issue to her face.
I don't get what Margo was upset about. She berated Molly for not making a decision and then fired her for making it. The fact that she was out of town is irrelevant to me. All Margo wanted during the argument with Molly is that she (Molly) had not yet decided and to get the show on the road already.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The last astronaut office head put a raging alcoholic suffering from PTSD back in the rotation just to get a best friend out of his funk. You better believe Margo noticed that. "let's just hope he's sober" wasn't a joke. And if there's patronage or nepotism or even just a "good ole boy" network at play- Margo was totally in line in firing Molly. Especially is she's refusing "nerd oversight" and made an assignment without it and while Margo was away.

Molly's mistake was not annoucing Ed to press. (like Deke did with the first wave of women astronauts, against Nixon's orders)
Margo knew none of that when she fired Molly. She only knew that she picked Ed.

And Ed's list was always mentioned as a wish list subject to approval.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The implication was that the Russians were never going to make the window unless Margo gave them the information they needed. So the fact that they launched is supposed to tell us that she did give in to the pressure.

Up until that point, Margo could've said "we got back from the Russians as much as we gave, and I never gave them the sensitive stuff". Not she's a full-fledged spy/compromised.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
...and Margo just got made (or at least the first seeds of doubt are planted) that she knows more about the Russian rocket than she should.

If they start looking closely at the Russian ship, they will realize that there is a spy inside NASA.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I don't think Margo gave them an inferior design. The Russians pushed the engine way past its specs (the guy that talked to Ed's daughter said as much).

So we will see a dramatic confrontation between Ed and Elon Musk, another software update will give him back control, and he will make sure no more updates are sent to remain in control. Everyone will be on board Helios, with the tension between the defector and the Russians taking center stage...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
No. Speculations don't need tags.

Is Danny second in command? I know they won't kill-off Ed, but that is a nightmare scenario should Ed be incapacitated for any length of time.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
why would the Koreans send supplies on an unmanned rocket?

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Didn't NASA send an unmanned rocket with supplies?
Good point. They sent supplies ahead of the manned mission. I guess the Koreans could be doing the same thing...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I rolled my eyes at Margo's surprise that the Russians would blackmail her again after they made a deal that the last time was "the last time".

Is anybody really that stupid?

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
In a way, her sharing has actually fueled advancement, at least according to the show. We already know what happens when one side obliterates the other.

People lose interest and advancement stalls.
Clearly, you are under the influence of The Shadows and not The Vorlons!

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Then again, you'd have to be a special kind of idealistic to make the deal she made in the first place...

(And I do mean "special.")
Up until then, I think she would've just lost her job. With a good lawyer and the right connections, she could've made a case that she got as much or more than what she gave. Until she gave them the rocket design, a well-connected woman like her could've been saved.

Now, she will be in even hotter water when the Russians kill that engineer who discovered the theft in order to keep the secret from getting out.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Got caught up...

Margo should eventually be toast but my guess is that the writers will pull some oddball plot point out of their armpits and she will not only not be exposed but she'll somehow gain from her treason.
I think they're setting up exactly that by showing the importance of the information she is getting from the other side.

Changing topics: I so hate these sex scenes where the only possible outcome is a concussion. Who the heck has sex like that?! especially if you're trying to be secretive about it...yeah, let's slam each other against the walls...that's so hot!

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Ed confirms to everyone that Danny is out of his mind on drugs (something they all must have known already) and they promptly put him in charge of critical functions all by himself while the entire team is doing something extremely dangerous.

Um. ok.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I suspect that the guy with the beard who loved the toy dog is going to be dead. Danny will be able to pin the blame on him and get away with it. Everyone will suspect Danny, of course, but won't be able to prove it.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Piling on...In what world does the US just let the Russians go out and drill for liquid water without them, while at the same time allowing them to live on their ship unmolested.

Kick them out and let them go live with Helios.

-smak-
They did leave...

Now NASA should demand 80% of the water in exchange for saving whoever is left ;)

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
With the way the ground split, the water will be on the surface for anyone to use.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Well, if that's the case, wouldn't it actually be in the atmosphere for nobody to use? I assume the relative humidity on Mars is quite low...
Meh...it will be explained somehow...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Margo committed treason because she was in love with a Russian guy who was being handled by the KGP. Let's not make her out to be Saint.

Reactions: Steveknj and Beryl
1 - 20 of 27 Posts