TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
I finished season 2 last night. It sucked that Tracey died but I had been hoping Gordo would find a way to kick the bucket from about halfway through season 1.

I continually got a chuckle out of how closing the moon habitat's doors kept the bad one sixth gravity out.

It bugs me at how cavalierly the astronauts for missions were chosen. No way in the universe a fat, drunk Gordo should have been chosen for a months long lunar mission anyway, especially cohabitating in such a small base with his divorced wife. That's just asking for trouble but he writers whitewashed it by giving Gordo a redemption arc and having Tracey be dumb enough to reconcile with him to the end.

I'll start season 3 today.

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Got caught up...

Margo should eventually be toast but my guess is that the writers will pull some oddball plot point out of their armpits and she will not only not be exposed but she'll somehow gain from her treason.

I hate everything about the Danny/Karen subplot. I hope Danny becomes the first dead human on Mars and I hope it happens soon.

The horrible wig on the female news anchor cracks me up every time.

The makeup artists did a good job of ageing Karen/Shantel VanSanten

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Kelly is totally getting pregnant on Mars. I think there may be enough time left that the baby would be born on Mars too
That seems logical. There's been a good bit of personal drama on the show so far but that just seems like a ratings grab attempt to me. I like the show but I'm not sure I'll want to stick around for the soap opera angst the show will turn to if/when that happens.

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
A question about military rankings. Ed has been referred to as an admiral but he worked for NASA for umpteen years. Was he still in the navy in order to get promoted to the rank of admiral? Do you have to be in command of a group of people to be an admiral? Is it one of those titles that you seemingly get for life once you attain it like "mayor" or "judge" etc.. even though you haven't done it in decades?

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
I just don't see that long of a timejump this season. Maybe next year Kelly's baby will be in the Astronaut program lol
I didn't necessarily mean this season but I can se it coming along with the drama over whether it gets an American or Russian citizenship or some newly invented Martian citizenship.

Maybe, in a future season, Margo might finally get some.

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Danny needs to die.

I've never bothered to remember Danny's brother's name but I wouldn't mind it if he and his new friends get a quick death either. That plot line seems to be approaching QAnon territory and I don't need a reminder of that nonsense.

This is turning into a soap opera.

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Ed confirms to everyone that Danny is out of his mind on drugs (something they all must have known already) and they promptly put him in charge of critical functions all by himself while the entire team is doing something extremely dangerous.

Um. ok.
I was ready to throw my shoe at the tv when the other guy gave Danny, who everybody knew was messed up, control of the drill console at a critical time while he went to the other side of the room with his back turned to him.

Ed is bad leader when it comes to the Stevens family of astronauts. He keeps giving them undeserved second chances that are dangerous for the other crew members.

It'd be funny if Margot defects to the Soviets to escape the poop storm that's going to come her way and to finally be with her wannabe boyfriend. Their cast is small so I'd assume that Aleida would replace her if that happens.

Who bit the dust in the landslide?

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Every time I hear about colonizing Mars I'm reminded of the fact that Mars has no magnetic field which is what blocks the extremely harmful to humans, very high energy cosmic rays from reaching Earth's surface. I can't see how anyone would want to live on Mars with all the shielding that would be necessary to stay alive.

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
I still despise Danny. His confession didn't include the astronauts and cosmonauts he killed. I knew he'd get to the "and I banged your wife too" part of baring his soul but the rescue conveniently happened a split second before he could confess. I didn't like Jimmy hassling Karen about it like it was all of her fault. Danny played an equal part.

Not looking forward to the Martian baby subplot of the show at all. Not even a little bit. Jimmy Stevens can take a hike now too.

Ellen got on my nerves. She's the President of the United States, the most powerful person on the planet and she's angry at Pam for sacrificing to allow her to achieve that position. How many years have passed?

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
Kelly - Way too smart to not use birth control and/or a spontaneous sexual encounter.
Love makes you do the stupid. I think Xander from Buffy The Vampire Slayer said that. Whoever said it, it's true. Unfortunately, the writers of this show did the stupid in this case.

Were the Russians the only ones who thought it might be smart to bring a medical doctor along for the very first multi year journey to another planet?

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
RIP to President Wilson's presidency
I have a sneaky suspicion that both she and Margo will somehow miraculously survive.

Danny is the worst. His fake outrage over the other guy getting blamed for the disaster had me cussing him out from my couch (again).

·
Meh.
40,776 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how the Russian doctor and commander seemed to know Kelly was pregnant before she did.

I also assume that everyone would be on some sort of birth control by default on a Mars mission. As this is a fictional show set in another universe there's no reason why they couldn't have also developed a male contraceptive pill so the onus isn't strictly on the female. I also assume that mission planners wouldn't want to discover how a fetus/baby reacts to being on Mars by an unplanned, accident pregnancy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts